Question Regent POLL: what age did you stop using it?

What age did your child stop using the Britax Regent to move to a booster (private results)

• Under age 5, when the seat was outgrown by height or weight

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Under age 5, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Under age 6, when the seat was outgrown by height or weight

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Under age 6, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Under age 7, when the seat was outgrown by height or weight

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Under age 7, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Under age 8, when the seat was outgrown by height or weight

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Under age 8, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • ~Moved from the Regent to another car seat, rather than a booster

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • All other options....ie, none of the above!

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
ADS

myliljunebugs

DS age 7. He started using it at age 4 and stopped at age 6 when he went FT in a booster. Just before age 7 started using it again. Most likely (because of maturity issues) will continue to use it until age 8.

DD age 4. Had used DS's Regent when she outgrew the EFTA rear facing. Gave it up just before age 4 for brother and was using Daddy's nauti. Will be getting her new Regent tomorrow and will likely stay harnessed until 7 or 8 years old.

munchkin

I choose the 'moved from Regent to another seat' option. I had the Husky, but it would expire around the time DNi was 6.5 (before she would outgrow it), so I went ahead and sold it around the time she was 3.5.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I chose Under age 8, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

We're in the process of selling the Regent to get a Monterey.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I have a Husky -- older version of the Regent (expires in less than a year)

DD's older half sister's mom put her in a shield booster after 1st bday & was in just a seatbelt after her 3rd bday :( but in a highback booster with me until I found this forum & got her the Husky (knowing I would hand it down to li'l sis) -- big sis LOVED it & used it 'til just after she turned 9 even when she had the choice of using a Parkway instead :)

DD is now using it as her primary seat @7.5 yrs old & would prob'ly still fit as long as big sis (they're both tall, but all legs) if it wouldn't expire before then.

DD's sensory & anxiety issues necessitate longer harness use anyway so she might actually choose to use the RSTVest as her primary option when the Husky does expire, but maybe not now that we have a car with Switchable Locking Retractors (manually locking shoulder belts) for use with the Monterey.

solmama

I recently gave my dd the option of moving from her Regent to her Indy Plus, full time (she's 5.5, and mature enough to sit properly). She turned me down, even though she likes the Indy. She turns 6 in Feb, which is the age I wanted to reach in the Regent, so we'll try then.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DD1 is 7 and likes the Regent. Since she hasn't quite outgrown it by height, and I don't yet need to hand it down to DD2, who still fits in several other harnessed seats, my answer is not yet. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ummmm....over age 8 when the seat still fit. Where's that choice? ;)
I voted for my dd1 instead of my ds, who did move to a booster before 8...though ds used it past age 8 and both kids fit in it till 9-10 but moved to highbacks before then.

kimk2230

Ds is 9 and I just moved him out of the husky to a monterey. Dd is going to start using it until it expires in 2 years. She will be 8 then.

mommaon112903

Josef will move out of his Regent after Halloween (we are giving the Regent to a very close family friend whom has offered her heart and home to me in a time of need and we felt this is the least we could do) and he will be six at the end of Novemeber. He is using the last slot as he is just over the third slot, he is going thru one HUGE growth spurt right now so when we move him he may or may not have much time left anyways.

When we first bought the Regent it was to be used "as long as possible" and then I did MY research and found out that IF he could use a booster properly each and EVERY time that age six would be fine to be in a dedicated booster. So, we told him when he was six he could have a booster in Momma's car.

bethng

I voted "other" because Molly was over 8 years old when I moved her from the Regent to a booster (playing musical boosters now till the oobr gets here). She still fit with about 3/4 of an inch to go but she was asking for a booster and I felt she was ready. Avery will stay in the regent until it expires....about 4 more years. That will make him 8.....assuming he fits of course.

wondering1

I was limited to 10 choices...

DS is 7 and we're sticking with the Regent! May be 10.5 years old before it is outgrown. Thus far, we haven't needed a booster except for our very rare travel.

scatterbunny

We moved dd out of the Husky (old version of Regent) shortly after she turned 6, when she was about 50 inches tall and 52ish pounds. She was using the top slots at that time. We did get a Regent for a brief period of time shortly after she turned 7, at about 52.5 inches and maybe 65ish pounds, but she only had maybe half an inch of growing room, and we sold it. She would not have lasted beyond 7.5 in the Regent (would have outgrown by height right around 53-54 inches tall).

AtTheSouthDam

Okay, I put under 6 due to hieght/weight. DD1 only has a 1/4" so she will probably switch to booster full time shen it arrives. I am happy. The seat still got her pretty close to her 6th birthday when nothing else would. She went through an Evenflo vanguard, a comfort sport, Cosco harnessed booster (tried booster in a TB at 3y when she out grew the harness of this, no luck) and a MA (Now this was bought for DD2 to avoid the constant outgrowing DD1 went through but she still fit in the SR so we let DD1 use until DD2 needed it. We tried boostering DD1 again at 4 y when DD2 out grew the SR.) and then the Regent. I am glad she is good with boostering now since we are out of options!

hsjwmom

DD1 stayed in her Regent untill a month or so ago. She is nearly nine. I had given her the option to move to a booster full time a while ago and untill recently, she had always preferred her Regent.

DD2 turned 7 in May and sits in a booster better than her sister did at that age. I've offered to let her move into a booster full time, but she flat out refuses to give up her Regent.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Ummmm....over age 8 when the seat still fit. Where's that choice? ;)

Same here. DS is 8Y4M and we're not quite done using the Regent for him, but are moving him to a Radian (he still fits) in order to accomodate the three-across we'll need when our baby arrives in October. He is just barely over the second-to-top slots and if we didn't need a narrower seat, we'd keep using it for a while yet - I figure it's safe, he still fits, and he still likes the seat. :) (Strangely, he seems to love the Radian even more and has chosen it over the Regent several times!)

Splash

3.5 to move to another seat. I would have stopped using it by 6.5, 7 anyway. I have no intention, at this time with the information available, to harness him past six years old.

Mama!

Still using them daily at ages 4 and almost 6, and for my older I plan to keep her in it til age 7, then booster her FT.

DS? He'll be in it til he outgrows it. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC