Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

View Poll Results: What age did your child stop using the Britax Regent to move to a booster (private results)

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under age 5, when the seat was outgrown by height or weight

1 1.79%
  • Under age 5, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

1 1.79%
  • Under age 6, when the seat was outgrown by height or weight

3 5.36%
  • Under age 6, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

4 7.14%
  • Under age 7, when the seat was outgrown by height or weight

4 7.14%
  • Under age 7, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

10 17.86%
  • Under age 8, when the seat was outgrown by height or weight

3 5.36%
  • Under age 8, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

9 16.07%
  • ~Moved from the Regent to another car seat, rather than a booster

7 12.50%
  • All other options....ie, none of the above!

23 41.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Carseat Crazy

Arrow Regent POLL: what age did you stop using it?

There are two strong forces on the boards. So let's poll! :-)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member myliljunebugs's Avatar

Re: Regent POLL: what age did you stop using it?

DS age 7. He started using it at age 4 and stopped at age 6 when he went FT in a booster. Just before age 7 started using it again. Most likely (because of maturity issues) will continue to use it until age 8.

DD age 4. Had used DS's Regent when she outgrew the EFTA rear facing. Gave it up just before age 4 for brother and was using Daddy's nauti. Will be getting her new Regent tomorrow and will likely stay harnessed until 7 or 8 years old.

Connor, 11 years, 5' 112lbs, seatbelt
    Ella, 8 years, 52" 60lb, FR 85, PW

10, because he outgrew the seat by height.

Carseat Crazy

6 1/2 and still using it daily

I choose the 'moved from Regent to another seat' option. I had the Husky, but it would expire around the time DNi was 6.5 (before she would outgrow it), so I went ahead and sold it around the time she was 3.5.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

CPS Technician

I chose Under age 8, to move to a booster when the seat still fit

We're in the process of selling the Regent to get a Monterey.
    Janice, no longer a CPST, and now a single Mommy to C, 10 and big enough to pass the 5-step test and S(born 12/9/09), in a Roundabout 50.

I have a Husky -- older version of the Regent (expires in less than a year)

DD's older half sister's mom put her in a shield booster after 1st bday & was in just a seatbelt after her 3rd bday but in a highback booster with me until I found this forum & got her the Husky (knowing I would hand it down to li'l sis) -- big sis LOVED it & used it 'til just after she turned 9 even when she had the choice of using a Parkway instead

DD is now using it as her primary seat @7.5 yrs old & would prob'ly still fit as long as big sis (they're both tall, but all legs) if it wouldn't expire before then.

DD's sensory & anxiety issues necessitate longer harness use anyway so she might actually choose to use the RSTVest as her primary option when the Husky does expire, but maybe not now that we have a car with Switchable Locking Retractors (manually locking shoulder belts) for use with the Monterey.
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

Senior Community Member solmama's Avatar

I recently gave my dd the option of moving from her Regent to her Indy Plus, full time (she's 5.5, and mature enough to sit properly). She turned me down, even though she likes the Indy. She turns 6 in Feb, which is the age I wanted to reach in the Regent, so we'll try then.
    DD-12 years, 68"
    DS-10 years, 60"

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

DD1 is 7 and likes the Regent. Since she hasn't quite outgrown it by height, and I don't yet need to hand it down to DD2, who still fits in several other harnessed seats, my answer is not yet.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Ummmm....over age 8 when the seat still fit. Where's that choice?
    I voted for my dd1 instead of my ds, who did move to a booster before 8...though ds used it past age 8 and both kids fit in it till 9-10 but moved to highbacks before then.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Ds is 9 and I just moved him out of the husky to a monterey. Dd is going to start using it until it expires in 2 years. She will be 8 then.

DD 8 riding in a Husky
    DS 10 1/2 in a Monterey

Senior Community Member mommaon112903's Avatar

Josef will move out of his Regent after Halloween (we are giving the Regent to a very close family friend whom has offered her heart and home to me in a time of need and we felt this is the least we could do) and he will be six at the end of Novemeber. He is using the last slot as he is just over the third slot, he is going thru one HUGE growth spurt right now so when we move him he may or may not have much time left anyways.

When we first bought the Regent it was to be used "as long as possible" and then I did MY research and found out that IF he could use a booster properly each and EVERY time that age six would be fine to be in a dedicated booster. So, we told him when he was six he could have a booster in Momma's car.
    Crystal, SAHM to J age 8yrs11months/49.25"/55lbs/Blue Opal Recaro ProBoosterand Orange OSPKWY

I voted "other" because Molly was over 8 years old when I moved her from the Regent to a booster (playing musical boosters now till the oobr gets here). She still fit with about 3/4 of an inch to go but she was asking for a booster and I felt she was ready. Avery will stay in the regent until it expires....about 4 more years. That will make him 8.....assuming he fits of course.
    Beth CPST and special needs trained Mom to Bailey ...22 and driving! Skylar- 17yrs-and also driving! Molly-14 yrs -70+ pounds passing the 5 step test and Avery -10 yrs - 55+ pounds, riding in a redd performance sport booster.

Carseat Crazy

I was limited to 10 choices...

DS is 7 and we're sticking with the Regent! May be 10.5 years old before it is outgrown. Thus far, we haven't needed a booster except for our very rare travel.

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

We moved dd out of the Husky (old version of Regent) shortly after she turned 6, when she was about 50 inches tall and 52ish pounds. She was using the top slots at that time. We did get a Regent for a brief period of time shortly after she turned 7, at about 52.5 inches and maybe 65ish pounds, but she only had maybe half an inch of growing room, and we sold it. She would not have lasted beyond 7.5 in the Regent (would have outgrown by height right around 53-54 inches tall).
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Okay, I put under 6 due to hieght/weight. DD1 only has a 1/4" so she will probably switch to booster full time shen it arrives. I am happy. The seat still got her pretty close to her 6th birthday when nothing else would. She went through an Evenflo vanguard, a comfort sport, Cosco harnessed booster (tried booster in a TB at 3y when she out grew the harness of this, no luck) and a MA (Now this was bought for DD2 to avoid the constant outgrowing DD1 went through but she still fit in the SR so we let DD1 use until DD2 needed it. We tried boostering DD1 again at 4 y when DD2 out grew the SR.) and then the Regent. I am glad she is good with boostering now since we are out of options!
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

DD1 stayed in her Regent untill a month or so ago. She is nearly nine. I had given her the option to move to a booster full time a while ago and untill recently, she had always preferred her Regent.

DD2 turned 7 in May and sits in a booster better than her sister did at that age. I've offered to let her move into a booster full time, but she flat out refuses to give up her Regent.
    Abbysnail ~ 11 ~ Maui FR85 (booster mode) and Leopard Olli
    Chica ~ 9.5 ~ Pink Monterey and Julius Olli
    Loveybug ~ 3.5 ~ rfing in a Cranberry TFP and ffing in a FR85

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    Ummmm....over age 8 when the seat still fit. Where's that choice?
    Same here. DS is 8Y4M and we're not quite done using the Regent for him, but are moving him to a Radian (he still fits) in order to accomodate the three-across we'll need when our baby arrives in October. He is just barely over the second-to-top slots and if we didn't need a narrower seat, we'd keep using it for a while yet - I figure it's safe, he still fits, and he still likes the seat. (Strangely, he seems to love the Radian even more and has chosen it over the Regent several times!)
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

3.5 to move to another seat. I would have stopped using it by 6.5, 7 anyway. I have no intention, at this time with the information available, to harness him past six years old.
    I'm glad you're a safe driver. I'm eating cereal and applying mascara using my rear view mirror while playing bejeweled on my iPhone. And I'm driving right behind you. 
    You're only as safe as the most dangerous driver on the road. Buckle accordingly.  

Still using them daily at ages 4 and almost 6, and for my older I plan to keep her in it til age 7, then booster her FT.

DS? He'll be in it til he outgrows it.
    DD-11, adult belt/ nbb
    DS-9, Vivo
    DD-2.5 ~24#, 33", RF in RA 55