CA leaving horrible red marks on neck

Mommy0608

Jessica always has really bad red lines on her neck from the straps, even through her shirt and she's complaining frequently that it hurts. I'm not overtightening the harness. It seems that they are rather close together, like they ride up on her neck more than in other seats, plus they are rather stiff. Of course the TF had strap covers, which would have prevented that from happening. Even with the EFTA, she didn't get red marks. The CA manual says you can use Safety 1st accessories (I think I remember reading something like that...) so I was considering looking for strap covers.

I don't know that I've seen Safety 1st brand covers, but I HAVE seen some very thin ones at BRU, I think the Especially for Baby brand (I could be wrong, I don't remember exactly). Would you use them? I think I'm okay with it as long as they really are thin and not puffy. Just curious what others would do in this case, since we generally discourage using aftermarket products.

ADS

canadiangie

:confused: For what Dorel wants for the CA I'm shocked it doesn't come with harness covers.

I'd be fine, in this instance, with using some thin and short aftermarket harness covers. :twocents:

Madeline410

I'm so glad you posted this.. DS doesn't complain, but he does get red marks.. I thought about getting some thin strap covers as well... AND I pinched his tummy the other day! I've never done that before. I wish it had a belly pad like DD's Blvd.

Mommy0608

I think I will try the covers. I just wonder how the straps will fit on a bigger/older child. Hmm...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd google for dorel straps before buying those long long BRU ones. Or the Fisher Price ones are by far the least obtrusive BRU sells...too bad they have precious planet decoration on them :p

Mommy0608

Then they must not be the BRU brand, because they aren't long at all. I thought they were but must have been something else.

I looked online for Safety 1st brand, but didn't find any. I'll try searching Dorel brand. If I don't find that specific brand I'm not going to worry... as long as they are thin and short enough, I don't think it matters.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Gosh, I can't even find them on the website (We sell them by the barrel load, several colors, and they just went from a plastic bag to cardboard package, might say Especially for Baby on them).... I just think they are so much longer than the Britax or FP strap covers that they make me cringe a little. Not as puffy as the 'Safari' strap covers or JJCole monstrosities, at least.

Oh, and I meant Dorel as the umbrella company...if you find anything by Safety 1st, Eddie Bauer, Cosco, or Bertini or even Maxi Cosi, that's all Dorel ;)

Mommy0608

Thanks. I'll take a look... I could be totally wrong about what brand they were, it's been a while since I've seen them. I'll just get the thinnest, shortest ones I can find.

The lines on her neck are about 3-4 inches long and really do look deep and painful. :(

NannyMom

Gosh, I can't even find them on the website (We sell them by the barrel load, several colors, and they just went from a plastic bag to cardboard package, might say Especially for Baby on them).... I just think they are so much longer than the Britax or FP strap covers that they make me cringe a little. Not as puffy as the 'Safari' strap covers or JJCole monstrosities, at least.

Oh, and I meant Dorel as the umbrella company...if you find anything by Safety 1st, Eddie Bauer, Cosco, or Bertini or even Maxi Cosi, that's all Dorel ;)

I have 2 sets of the BRU ones. THey are thin (on the non velcro side) and long. They are ok for Sofi, when pushed all the way back, they still allow the chest clip to go in the right sopt (they *just* fit). I hate the blue FP straps on BabyS' pink SS1. THey work well, but it just creams AM to me. I was hoping the matching pink would be less obvious, but they're too long.

I really do like the FP ones though. Thin and short.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not surprised they are pressing on her...they really do look close together, and it seemed like it might be a problem for older kids when that top slot became useable. It might even be worth a call to the company, I'm sure they'd love some feedback on their new seat. Is the strap really *that* far above her shoulder if you move it up a notch? It might help some with the rubbing on the wider part of her neck/shoulder if it were up and only .5" above her shoulder.

Mommy0608

I already moved them up for a previous issue (her head getting close to the top of the headrest and her shoulders coming into contact with the lower part of the headrest) so the straps are about 1/4" above her shoulders.

More and more little "issues" are popping up with this seat... I'm beginning to wonder if I should keep them. :(

Mommy0608

Yes, huge bummer! I really don't know what seat I'd get Tyler if I return them. Jessica would just go back to her TF. I suppose I could get another TF for him, too... MR is too short, Radian is too difficult to install (I want something that DH or anyone else could install if I'm unavailable).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC