What is your child's favorite carseat?

frugalmom

Does your child have a favorite carseat? What carseat is it?

My dd who is 3 just loves her new Radian. I don't know why, really. She has only had a Blvd or Snugride before. I think she loves it because it is new.

What carseat does your child like and why?

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
DS---Recaro Start, then Regent, then Evenflo Confidence

DD2---DS's Recaro Start :p(she rarely gets to ride in it though), Regent, Frontier, Confidence. The Frontier would be her favorite seat that is actually hers if it just had a plush cover.

TheQueenMother

Liddie hates her MAs now that she has the GN. She liked the regent as well and had no complaints about it. My MIL bought an alpha omego sport and Liddie cried everytime she had to sit in it. Now she has outgrown it, but having to use that seat was a nightmare.

myliljunebugs

DS, Regent is fave (and has been off and on for years), his Parkway, then his Olli

DD, Regent is fave (she was very sad to give it up), EFTA when RF'ing, loves her new Vivo. She has ridden in it approximately 3 times ;) HATES her Nauti.

NannyMom

Sofi- the My Ride. I think it was the 'pockets' (cup holders).
A- Vivo. I seriously think she will cry when she outgrows it.
J- GN. He wants to use the seat forever.

Shaunam

The EFTA. I think he likes it because it's comfy. He's not going to fit in it much longer though. :(

munchkin

DNi's is the Marathon. I am pretty sure it is only because of the pretty covers though :rolleyes:. I let her go into the closet and pick out any cover she wants to put on whenever she gets to use the MA.

DNe isn't really old enough to care. He is FF in his mom and dad's car, but seems just as content RF in my car.

scoutingbear

Hard to tell, because they like whatever they haven't ridden in a while...

A: Says he wants the MA in my car (NOT going to happen...no leg support (I let him ride in it the other day and he had to have his hands under his legs the whole ride and his shoulders look very squished) BUT seems happiest in GN or Radian (he likes the low low sides of the radian to sit straddled across the seat. He has no complaints about any of the seats.

C: Either the MA or Radian...too bad we only have one radian! He is starting to get too long legged for the MA in most cars and I notice his legs moving a lot more...I think because the seat is so shallow compared to everything else we have and he doesn't have as much leg support.

ETA: I was right! I had all the seats laid out in the garage and no seats in my car. As we were getting ready to leave today, I asked the boys which seats they wanted. C immediately picked the Radian and A immediately picked the GN. He did surprise me though by specifying which one (I have both the BRU cover and Burlington cover) and wanted the one with the BRU cover on it.

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
DD adored the Boulevard RF when she was in preschool, but prefered the Recaro Young Sport when she turned FF -- it was all about the "pillows" (head wings) & the tilt of the seat bottom in the RYSport to relieve pressure on her long legs.

Now she prefers the Husky because it feels like a "hug" & sits her up high (unlike the vest, which is also rather sweaty in the summer) & because she can so easily cross her legs in it ... but she likes the Monterey at least as much when the shoulder belt can be manually locked @ the retractor.

The only reason she likes the backless Turbo is because of the Pirates cover :D

If the RYSport harness fit as long as the Husky & had a built in shoulder belt lock off for booster use it would be by far the bestest of the best ever!

She does have sensory issues, which is why the wings & extended harnessing is so important to her....

Morganthe

Hands down, dd adores her Madison Regent. :love: She's used it for 2 years straight.

Followed second by the (now) princess covered Radian. But she's on the verge of outgrowing it. Might get one more trip out of it because I'll be cramped for space on our camping expedition. She's not thrilled, but it's acceptable.

She's okay with the Pink & Black Frontier as long as it remains in Daddy's car for occasional use. She's happier using the Parkway for short term rides. Fabric texture matters. :shrug-shoulders:

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Kira likes the Symphony better than the Roundabout, but I think that's just because the Roundabout is her primary seat, so the Symphony is a bit of a novelty to her when she gets to ride in it.

She's almost too tall for the RA RF, so the Symphony will soon become her primary seat.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My youngest has yet to express an opinion. My second loves her Princess Radian, the Apex, and the SafeGuard Child Seats. My oldest likes all her seats, really. I'd say the ones that get the most "I love it"s, in no particular order, are the SafeGuard Child Seats, the SafeGuard GO (she likes the color and the armrests), and the Ride Safer Travel Vest, though she also loves her "grey seat" (Radian 65.)

emandbri

I was showing Benjamin the picture of him on britax's site and he said he really liked his green marathon, made me sad. :(

Right now I'd say he likes the parkway just because he wants to be in a booster! lol Yesterday Brian took him to a birthday party and then had to head to work after so he was taking his car and Benjamin was dancing and singing "I get to ride in the blue seat" which is parkway with bubble fun cover.

Elizabeth doesn't seem to care though if the marathon is in the van for my friend's kid she will climb into it but then smile and say "I ride in Katie's seat." Katie is my friend's daughter who rides in the marathon if she rides with us.

Even though it is now backless Daniel still likes the monterey.

firemomof3

My 2 younger kids love their radians, by far their fav. so far. DD1 lover her Frontier but she says the the Young Sport was her fav.

southpawboston

in order from most fave to least?

RYS
signo
como
EFT (not EFTA)

although she likes all the recaros for the SIP wings, the RYS is her hands-down fave. she actually smiles when she sees it :).

solmama

My dd's favorite seat-her Regent. I offered her the opportunity to ride in her Indy Plus full time (she's 5.5), and she told me she likes her Regent better.

My ds' favorite, right now, none. Oddly. He's my picky one, too. He currently rides in a TF (dh's car, very secondary), and a Radian in our primary vehicle. He hasn't complained about either.

Least favorite-EFTA, hands down. The red tabs hurt my ds and he cried a lot.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
dd2 is three and really loves her Radian, way more than the True Fit or Go, though she doesn't throw tantrums about her less-liked seats, at least :)

Murphy's Law

My dd loves her Madison Regent. She really dislikes the RN, saying it's too hard and uncomfortable.

Ds just doesn't care what we put him in. He frequently asks to ride in his sister's FF car seat, but that's not happening. He seems happy enough in his RN or EFTA.

Amaris

M loves the monarch. I don't think I've ever seen him want to sit in a seat as much. I'm actually considering looking for a parkway sg for I so M can have the monarch as a backless. He likes the padding and that the bottom can be adjusted to fit him. He's very thin and most seats are too wide for his little bottom!

I loves the nautilus. He sleeps better in it than any other seat, and loves the cup holder and "toy" holder. I thought he had outgrown it, but the cover was below the slots by a bit, but I can't get a good seatbelt install so he's not in it :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC