How's the Regent?

ADS

mommaon112903

Pre-Advisory-GREAT :D IF you can get your hands on one with a DOM of 06-19-2007 or before. Most likely not going to happen, unless you find one in swap of course.

Post-Advisory-it definatly has its quirks, but can be over-came with patience and practice. There are two different belt paths that MUST be used as well as the recline bar (pre-advisory it didn't matter) which can cause some to want to throw it across the drive-way. :eek:

We :love: our Regent and at the time we bought it (late May 2007) it was the only seat on the market to get Josef to age six in a harness. He is, and still does, have a fairly long torso, so the Regent it was!

It is a HUGE seat, NOT three-across friendly (unless you have a very large backseat) so be prepared for a beast!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Installation can be a breeze, but it can also be a PITA. It depends on a lot of factors. I think they're fun, but I'm a nerd :)

Like PP said, there are restrictions on how you install it, presuming you get a new one. (Long belt path for under 40 lbs, short path for over, recline bar must be used, tether must be used for short-belt-path lap-shoulder installs, and lap-only installs over 50 lbs.)

Highest harness height that you'll find. It takes up a lot of room.

It sits VERY low, so even though it has tall slots, it's a great choice if you're concerned about seeing out the rear window.

I had a Regent, Nautilus, and SafeGuard and needed to get rid of one. I wound up getting rid of the Regent because my DS preferred the other two (because of the cup holders and the "novelty" of the SafeGuard), but I :love: the Regent. I would have kept that one if I had left it up to myself. :rolleyes:

hesgimenez

I bought our Regent during the Britax sale earlier this year. It wasn't fun to install, but I did do it and by myself. But once installed, I am not moving it at all. If needed our Decathalon is the one to switch among the cars.

K LOVES his seat, is super comfortable in it. K can easily get in and out of the seat because it is lower-he loved that. When we bought it I knew it was big and might be a problem to install, so there were no surprises for me. I had considered the Frontier, but didn't love the fit for K. I tested a couple of my friends Regents and just thought the fit would be better long term for K. The only con is that it doesn't have a cup holder and that isn't really a con with the seat itself. Oh and it can't be taken on planes, but again that is where our other seat comes into play.

I'm very happy with our Regent. :thumbsup:

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
The regent is the lazy boy of carseats. Seriously. That thing is so comfy, *I* would have crawled in it and fallen asleep.

I didn't mind the installation, but then again, I'm a self proclaimed nerd also. ;) I did fight with the thing (actually two of them) for over an hour trying to get each in LBP with the recline bar in my dodge grand caravan for twin 5 year olds I was watching. The seat belt was just a few inches too short but I finally got the recline bar smashed into the seat so far that it worked.

I could get three across with two radians in my spectra.

mama2Cecelia

having a long-torsoed dd, I'd say we're very happy with our Regents

I've installed them in a 91 and 92 Honda Accord, a 99 Ford Taurus, an 06 Taurus, and an 03 Accord all using the short belt path (dd was well over 40 lbs.)

early on, we used the long belt path with just the lap belts in the older Hondas, but it worked

her torso growth has slowed a bit--thought for sure she'd be outgrowing the seat by age six, but her shoulders are still a good 1/2" below the top slots

she outgrew her MA by height at 4, 44" and 45 lbs.

**sigh** most of her classmates are smaller and are riding in nothing or a LBB.......we're in a 6/60 state.....many of her classmates have turned six already.....

skaterbabs

I think it's less dependant on the Regent than on your vehicle. My post-advisory Regent installs in my Suburban in about 90 seconds. In my IL's Mercedes SUV it takes ten minutes and two people. :rolleyes:

armyfam

DD loves her Regent. When given the choice of the Regent or her Vivo for a road trip, she always chooses the Regent. She says it is comfy.

Amaris

I have a pre-advisory regent and other than being a HUGE seat it's been great. It's pretty easy to install once you get the hang of it. I've had it in several vehicles, and it installs easily somewhere in each one. We've used it in an 05 Ford Expedition, a 00 Chevrolet Impala, an 03 Toyota Rav-4, an 03 Ford F-150 (with 4 doors and a full backseat), and an 03 or 04 Toyota Camry. I've actually used it in a 3 across in the Expedition and the Impala.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC