Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Which Jogger?!

Which Jogger?!

A friend is due with her 1st baby in December and she needs some help with a stroller. She wants an "all-terrain" stroller that she can also sometimes jog with (no marathons ) She will also need to be able to attach an infant seat to it. So, I'm thinking either the Baby Jogger or Bob, both with the swivel front wheel. What do you guys think?
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Which Jogger?!

I have not and do not own a single BOB, but I do have a Duallie and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I didn't think I'd really love it as much as I do, lol. I don't imagine the single would be any less fantastic.

Of course, there are great things to be said for the Baby Jogger strollers, too, and I don't think she could go wrong with either brand.
    DD10 (Diono Santa Fe), DD8.5 (Diono Santa Fe), DD6 (Recaro Vivo), DD2 (Britax Marathon/Boulevard), and DD5wk. (Bella Chicco Keyfit)!

The only Baby Jogger stroller with a front swivel wheel that you can jog with is the Summit 360 Jogger The carseat adaptor will need to be purchased seperately, and holds these types of carseats: Peg Perego Primo Viaggio, Britax Companion, Maxi Cosi and most Graco and Evenflo car seat models. Or she could purchase a soft pram, or bassinet/pram for the Baby Jogger.

Otherwise, I would recommend a BOB.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Thanks for your great responses. I will forward this info to her. But now that I've been looking at the Bob strollers for her...but now I want one!
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

BOB all the way! I had one with younger DS and sold it before we knew we were having #3... so I went and bought another for #3 but younger DS is using it again LOL
    DS(7) 54lbs, 50" in a Parkway SG & Monterey
    DS(5.5) 50lbs, 45" mainly harnessed in a Nautilus & sometimes cruising in a Parkway SG

DD (17m) in a RF'ing Paisley BLVD & occasionally a MyRide65