International Air Travel with 20 lb

ReefMom

We are flying on Air France on Wednesday with our 20 lb. child. We have a Britax Boulevard CS, we have a GoGo Kidz. We also considered leaving the Boulevard at home and getting a cheaper Cosco Scenera, but it is not compatible with the GoGo Kidz. We will have to change planes in Paris for a second international flight. We have a reserved seat for our baby. We will be traveling using the carseat on a road trip in Norway.

Any advice to help make this decision easier? I'm reluctant to take my very nice Boulevard on the plane, as we currently don't have the need of a second car seat. What would be the next cheapest car seat to buy that would work with the GoGo Kidz and a 20 + lb one year old? Or should we just skip the GoGo Kidz (I got it used anyways), use the Cosco Scenera and rent a luggage cart at the Paris airport to get between planes with the carseat and bring the umbrella stroller for the baby?

ADS

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I haven't flown Air France since I've had kids, but I'm not sure what their rules are for kids/carseats. I would check and find out if you will be allowed to use the seat on the plane (especially for take-off and landing).

The Cosco Scenera is pretty light - you probably wouldn't need a luggage cart to carry it.

ReefMom

I've talked with the Air France customer service and they said that any car seat that is approved for air travel and has a base of less than 41 cm will be allowed.

bubbaray

Isn't it AF that won't allow car seats to be used for take-off and landing, even if you purchase a seat for the child? I'm 99% sure of this -- they make you hold the child or use one of their funky buckle thingys.

Assuming that they will let you take a seat onboard and install it AND use it for all parts of the flight, I'd take the Scenara due to its light weight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC