I didn't do so well in HS Geometry

VoodooChile

so I could use some input here, if anyone can help. I drive a 2000 Mountaineer, and have dd in a Frontier and ds rf in a Marathon. The vents for the backseat come out the back of the console. I have no problem having cool air reach dd, but with ds, it's a LOT harder! It seems like everything I try, doesn't quite reach him. Now he's going to be rf in that position for a long time (unless the new car fairy pays me a visit...). Does anyone have a similar setup, and been successful getting some air to a rf kiddo? He's outboard on the driver's side, and the windows back there are tinted as dark as state law allows.
*This is NOT why I asked about that Jing Joe thingy the other day--I wouldn't even consider putting that thing in my baby's seat!

ADS

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Try pointing the vents upward so that the cool air "bounces" off the roof and back down onto baby. It's supposed to work pretty well.

Maedze

Also, lay a white towel over the car seat while he's not in it. Make sure he has a sippy/bottle/cup of ice water when you're riding.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC