Tried the new PW today and I'm really liking it.

HEVY

I am really leaning towards this right now. I wish the SIP was deeper though, only reason I didn't just buy it. Up until I tried it I was 99% sure I was going to go for the Tiffany PW. The TB is out. I do like the Monterey but really big. So now I have three on my plate to train her in. The Tiffany PW, The new PW and the Vivo. This one will be the one in DH's car come winter.

In the store.
Photo0121-1.jpg

Photo0123-1.jpg

In the car, had to raise it :confused:
Photo0210.jpg

ADS

ZephyrBlue

Thank you for posting pics! I am disappointed in how much more shallow the side wings are on the new model :thumbsdown: I loved loved loved the deep SIP head AND torso wings on the old PW.

That sealed the deal for us- getting another Monterey to replace the defective old-style PW :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh wow, cool! Love it! Any way you can see if it's easier to buckle next to another seat? If it's pretty easy then I won't gripe for a nanosecond about wing depth, I want a reasonably decent three-across option :D (If it's a beast to buckle next to another seat, count me in on the 'I wish it were deeper' chorus, I guess :rolleyes:)
:love:

HEVY

It's not hard to put on at all, thought it would be a pain. Just put the belt on and then slide the clip on, tighten belt.

My plan, as of now, is to get the Cybex Solution X-Fix for my car when it's time. Unless of course something else comes out before then.

HEVY

I had it next to the Regent so anything is hard to buckle it next to it, not to mention the buckles are all the way to the seat and really floppy. But of all the boosters I tried in this position this was the easiest, but I did have to move the seat to get to it. Rachel could not, buckles are way to low and she's too inexperienced, but was able to unbuckle pretty easy. So I would say it depends on the buckles you have. I'm trying to get captains seats though.

HEVY

Do I have the headwings in the right spot? I'm sure I do but the really young guy kept pushing me to raise it :mad: You will notice how much height I lose in my car due to slanted seats.

disbugsmomma

I think it is fine where it's at. The belt would probably be on her neck if you raised it. You don't know unless you try though. :shrug-shoulders:

Mama!

where were you going to get a tiffany? I thought they were all gone by now.

And I was wondering too about the slide guard.

kidrepair

I thought it was supposed to have armrests, I'm not seeing any...never mind, I just went to amazon.com and I could see them..

monstah

Hevy, am I reading the tag right, $119 at Buy Buy Baby?

If so, what BBB do you go to and what covers do they have? I usually go to the Cherry Hill store.

HEVY

The only one I saw was that one, but I didn't look. Yes $119, I have a $10 off coupon, but doesn't Bed, Bath & Beyond work there? That's 20%.

HEVY

I didn't check out much, DH was with me and annoyed, lol. The mesh is like the Frontier but shinier and thicker, I think. But the seat was cushiony, like when I touched it it sunk a good 1 1/2 inches. I really didn't get to play a lot, but I'm gonna go back. The arm rests are low so the belt will stay, no movement there and the shoulder belt guide has a thin slot and one the belt is in it's snug.

Here's a side pic.

Last edited:

disbugsmomma

Yeah, he doesn't look happy at all does he? I can just picture him thinking, "C'mon crazy carseat lady, let's go already!" :D

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I might have to take a trip to see how it fits in my Taurus with Monterey in the center . . . for when the Husky expires....

Thanks for the pics as always HEVY! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC