OMG BRU!!!!!!!!

gsdguenter

I went to our BRU/TRU combined store tonight to see if they got the new CA in and I saw a big sign in front about carseat trade-ins. I got the scoop from the manager and I am totally getting a new CA next Friday.
Here's the deal: You bring in a carseat, stroller, crib, or some other things of certain brands tat I can't remember and you then get a 20% off coupon to buy a new carseat, stroller, crib etc. to use that same day only. So, I am going to trade in my Scenera which I paid $45 for and is 1 year old and buy the CA for $200! Pretty good deal, I might say! I am so excited. The next truck comes on Friday so the manager said to come in then. The offer is only good in stores and through 8/27. Not sure if it is in all stores. Has anyone else seen this? I'm so excited:love::love:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Holy moly, that would be fantastic. Cash for clunkers, carseat style :D (I wonder if mine will do that...hmmm...wonder what I'd part with....)

gsdguenter

The brands I remember were Cosco, Safety 1st, Kolcraft, and Graco. I know SKJP and Britax were NOT part of it. But, I also know there were a bunch of others I can't remember. Sorry

DahliaRW

Wow, I woud love it if this was a nationwide promo. And if I can trade in my about to expire evenflo triumph!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
is it exchange evenly, like carseat for carseat, or can you bring in a stroller and use the coupon or a carseat?

U

Unregistered1

Did you happen to ask what they're doing with the old seats? I forgot to call and ask but I'm a little concerned about these old seats getting used again.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The brands I remember were Cosco, Safety 1st, Kolcraft, and Graco. I know SKJP and Britax were NOT part of it. But, I also know there were a bunch of others I can't remember. Sorry

crap! I gave away the old crappysport, darnit!
do the items have to be in good condition? some of my strollers are seriously old and battered?

gsdguenter

I'm not sure if you can trade a stoller and buy a car seat. I'll go over and ask tomorrow. Hmmmm. I wonder what they will do with the old seats. I'll ask that too.

ohiomommy08

Katie,
I think my other thread got buried, but I did this last week. I called the Sawmill store and the lady I talked to said they get "sent back". I stressed that my seat had been in an accident and couldn't be used and led me to believe it would be destroyed. The Sawmill store was a pilot store, that's why they started before Polaris. The posters I saw made it seem like it was a safety event - they wanted to get old gear out of use, so hopefully they're doing it wisely. I cut all the straps and wrote do not use all over the seat and base before I traded it in. We got a great deal on the EFTA but an even better deal on a clearance Marathon at Target, so the EFTA is going back to BRU.

Laurie

Mama!

Dang. I have an old Graco Stroller. I have the old Graco bucket to go with it, about to expire. Hmm.

Mommy2Marcus

HMMM....I have an old expired snugride that I have been trying to decide what to do with it. I am going to have to call my store. DH told me tonight that I could have a MyRide as long as I am willing to sell one of my other seats! WOOT!

So I will be calling the BRU that is closest to us b/c it is 45 mins away. So I want to make sure that they're doing this before I drive that far.

NannyMom

Hmm.... how do they determine the value you get credit for? Is if full value of what you bring? I have lots of things I could trade :whistle:

ETA: I just reread the OP. That's what I get for replying hours after I read it.

singingpond

Hmmm, something to do with that expired AO sitting in the barn attic... I wonder if the turned-in stuff has to have all its parts (e.g. covers).

LuvMyCharlie

Waterford, CT not taking part. They'd not even heard of this. Manager said no other nearby stores were taking part either. Boo.

waterbaby

Wow... I have at least a couple seats and strollers I could take in. But I don't need to buy any more seats or strollers, lol. Maybe they'll give me 20% off other stuff and I can stock up on . :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC