Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG BRU!!!!!!!!

OMG BRU!!!!!!!!

I went to our BRU/TRU combined store tonight to see if they got the new CA in and I saw a big sign in front about carseat trade-ins. I got the scoop from the manager and I am totally getting a new CA next Friday.
    Here's the deal: You bring in a carseat, stroller, crib, or some other things of certain brands tat I can't remember and you then get a 20% off coupon to buy a new carseat, stroller, crib etc. to use that same day only. So, I am going to trade in my Scenera which I paid $45 for and is 1 year old and buy the CA for $200! Pretty good deal, I might say! I am so excited. The next truck comes on Friday so the manager said to come in then. The offer is only good in stores and through 8/27. Not sure if it is in all stores. Has anyone else seen this? I'm so excited

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: OMG BRU!!!!!!!!

Wow...what area are you in?
    Sarah
    Sydney 5 1/2 - Turbobooster * Levi 4 - FF Marathon * Reid 2 1/2 - RF Graco MyRide

Wow! I may have to look into this.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Portsmouth NH is my closest store

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Holy moly, that would be fantastic. Cash for clunkers, carseat style (I wonder if mine will do that...hmmm...wonder what I'd part with....)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Gah- I don't have any cheap seats to sacrifice right now. Wonder what kind of strollers they'll take??
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

The brands I remember were Cosco, Safety 1st, Kolcraft, and Graco. I know SKJP and Britax were NOT part of it. But, I also know there were a bunch of others I can't remember. Sorry

CPS Fanatic

Wow, I woud love it if this was a nationwide promo. And if I can trade in my about to expire evenflo triumph!
    Mommy to two wild little boys and a little princess!
    DS1 (01/05, 46 1/2", 44 lbs), Boring Gray Turbobooster / Harmony Literider
    DS2 (07/07, 39 1/2", 40lbs), Harvest Complete Air / Booster Training in a Maui Blue PWSG / RSTV
    DD (07/09, 33", 23lbs), rfing Flair MyRide / rfing Scenera

is it exchange evenly, like carseat for carseat, or can you bring in a stroller and use the coupon or a carseat?

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

Unregistered1

Did you happen to ask what they're doing with the old seats? I forgot to call and ask but I'm a little concerned about these old seats getting used again.

Quote Originally Posted by gsdguenter View Post
    The brands I remember were Cosco, Safety 1st, Kolcraft, and Graco. I know SKJP and Britax were NOT part of it. But, I also know there were a bunch of others I can't remember. Sorry
    crap! I gave away the old crappysport, darnit!
    do the items have to be in good condition? some of my strollers are seriously old and battered?

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

I'm not sure if you can trade a stoller and buy a car seat. I'll go over and ask tomorrow. Hmmmm. I wonder what they will do with the old seats. I'll ask that too.

Senior Community Member ohiomommy08's Avatar

Katie,
    I think my other thread got buried, but I did this last week. I called the Sawmill store and the lady I talked to said they get "sent back". I stressed that my seat had been in an accident and couldn't be used and led me to believe it would be destroyed. The Sawmill store was a pilot store, that's why they started before Polaris. The posters I saw made it seem like it was a safety event - they wanted to get old gear out of use, so hopefully they're doing it wisely. I cut all the straps and wrote do not use all over the seat and base before I traded it in. We got a great deal on the EFTA but an even better deal on a clearance Marathon at Target, so the EFTA is going back to BRU.

Laurie

Dang. I have an old Graco Stroller. I have the old Graco bucket to go with it, about to expire. Hmm.
    DD-11, adult belt/ nbb
    DS-9, Vivo
    DD-2.5 ~24#, 33", RF in RA 55

Senior Community Member mommyto4's Avatar

that is a nice deal.
    Melinda-mom to 4 rugrats

HMMM....I have an old expired snugride that I have been trying to decide what to do with it. I am going to have to call my store. DH told me tonight that I could have a MyRide as long as I am willing to sell one of my other seats! WOOT!

So I will be calling the BRU that is closest to us b/c it is 45 mins away. So I want to make sure that they're doing this before I drive that far.
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

Hmm.... how do they determine the value you get credit for? Is if full value of what you bring? I have lots of things I could trade

ETA: I just reread the OP. That's what I get for replying hours after I read it.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

CPS Fanatic

Hmmm, something to do with that expired AO sitting in the barn attic... I wonder if the turned-in stuff has to have all its parts (e.g. covers).

Waterford, CT not taking part. They'd not even heard of this. Manager said no other nearby stores were taking part either. Boo.
    Coty-
    Mama to Charlie since 6.27.07 & Scarlett since 7.21.10
    Now have my Mazda 5 back with a RF MA65 and a RF MT.

Wow... I have at least a couple seats and strollers I could take in. But I don't need to buy any more seats or strollers, lol. Maybe they'll give me 20% off other stuff and I can stock up on .
    DD10 (Diono Santa Fe), DD8.5 (Diono Santa Fe), DD6 (Recaro Vivo), DD2 (Britax Marathon/Boulevard), and DD5wk. (Bella Chicco Keyfit)!