Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member ohiomommy08's Avatar

I used our spare change to buy a Marathon for $140!!

We've been saving our spare change and recently decided to see if we had enough for a new carseat for our DD. She is 15 months old and 20 lbs, 29 inches. We cashed it in and had $140 (since October!!)

I posted earlier this week about my great deal on a EFTA Premium and even though it was a nice seat, I wasn't in love with it and not happy with how it installed.

Last night, I got an opportunity to got to Buy, Buy, Baby (love that store!!) and tried out some seats in my '05 Town and Country. I liked the True Fit and the Marathon install, but was pleasantly surprised at how easy the Radian installed with the seat belt!! It was great.

Well, on my way home, I went to a Target that I don't usually go to and they had the Marathon (Hannah print) on clearance for 50% off!!! $140 plus tax!!

I bought one thinking I could return it if necessary, but I love it!! It installed great with the seat belt in the van and even better, it installed really nicely in my husband's '99 Malibu!! I struggled getting the EFTA in there. The Marathon was rock solid in the middle and outboard and with the seatbelt in the captains chair in the van. I might be posting with pics to check my install soon and to figure out the RF tether, but I love our new seat!!

It does have a DOM of Nov/08, so it's lost several months, but it will still last my DD a long time - for that price it's worth it!!

Now - back to saving our change again for the next seat we need to buy!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: I used our spare change to buy a Marathon for $140!!

That's a great deal... I have 3 Marathons and LOVE them. I like how easy they are to install, mine are the RF till 35#. My tall 29m DD who wieghs 28# will RF for a while. They are easy to buckle and I love the interchangable covers. I have 2 Cowmoo's in my vehicle, they are my favorite. The Hannah covers looks real soft and I love the pink and brown. Good luck with the seat and I wouldn't buy any other seat for my DD's.
    Andrea SAHM to
    W~2/2007
    C~11/2008
    J~2/2010

What a great deal! Congrats on the new seat!

Chloe: 2 1/2 years old 31lbs and 36ins 11in torso Rear Facing in a Graco MyRide 65 and Cosco Scenera
    Angel Babies: 03.07.10 and 05.05.11

Carseat Crazy

Man I saw the Hannah seat at my local Target in Kissimmee Fl the other night and almost picked it up for my litte sister...she has a pink and green BLVD in the main car but I thought what a great seat for their other car...

I am glad I didn't get it as it was $189 here! I thought even that wasn't bad but I am going to question them as to why it is less in other stores for the same product. I'm sure they won't do anything but if they do agree to sell it to me for $140 I will snatch one Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorldNanny View Post
    Man I saw the Hannah seat at my local Target in Kissimmee Fl the other night and almost picked it up for my litte sister...she has a pink and green BLVD in the main car but I thought what a great seat for their other car...

I am glad I didn't get it as it was $189 here! I thought even that wasn't bad but I am going to question them as to why it is less in other stores for the same product. I'm sure they won't do anything but if they do agree to sell it to me for $140 I will snatch one Thanks for the info
    The different stores have different mark down times. Keep checking, your's might mark it down more eventually, the only thing is there might not be any left by the time they do mark them down that low. I got two last year for 134.xx at Target took me a while and constant "stalking" but I just kept on it.
    CPST & Mom to 3 great daughters
    DDM 20 yrs EMTbasic; Seatbelt
    DDK 1/10/06 54# Cybex X-Fix-booster - doing GREAT
    DDG 7/10/07 43# FF RE
    "You know you're healing when your sadness no longer affects your happiness" anon

What's up doc!? I brought carrots to the soup. You?

Senior Community Member mommyto4's Avatar

WOW!!! Congrats on finding a great deal.
    Melinda-mom to 4 rugrats

Senior Community Member ohiomommy08's Avatar

Yes, I was very excited. I used to work at Target and I knew my store does baby markdowns on Mondays. There had been two left at $190 at my store last week, so I was going to check on Monday - hoping for 50%! Well, I happened to go to another store and their's were already at 50% and they still had three left!! Maybe that was their markdown day and I got lucky!!

I've always liked that pattern and I think my DH will tolerate it