Boosters Boosters Boosters!! LONG..

Stacey

I have 4 boys. 13 and 11 year olds sit in the regular seats. 6 year old and 4 year old are in Radians. I am looking for a booster for when the 6 year old goes fishing with Daddy so we don't have to keep switching both of the seats. They don't go far..usually not more than an hours drive. Do I need to spend the $$$ on a Monterey or would you get by with a high back turbo?

Also Nana needs to get him a booster for her car but I know she won't spend the money on a Monterey. She lives 2 hours away so at the most he'd be in it for 2 hours and on occasion falls asleep.

Does the Monterey just sit in the car or does it anchor in? Should I just ask her to put some cash towards that and move them back and forth when needed and get by with the 1 booster?

I just got a bucket from someone I know for $30 that I KNOW hasn't been in an accident and was manufactured 12/2006 so I saved $$ there but I will need to get a new Radian as well for my due in December bub. I thought about just moving DS6 to a booster next summer when new babe will grow out of the bucket and use his Radian but his DOM is 2006 so might as well get a new one to last the whole time..especially if it's miraculously a girl and I get to buy the pink!!

Sorry so long..I'm just so confused and TIRED LOL

ADS

christineka

I'd try to get vivos if you can. The 2007s are still on sale. If not, then the turbobooster would be okay, although I hate it for sleeping children. None of my kids have fallen out of place yet while asleep in a vivo. They have in the turbobooster.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have four kids aged 13, 11, 6, and 4, too...how strange. My 4 year old turned out to be a girl, though :)

I'd spring for the Monterey. You're going to be using the seat for the next 6 or 7 years and $25/yr isn't horrible for a carseat. Not to mention, it's dead easy to switch between cars when Grandma needs it. It does LATCH in, optionally, but that only takes a moment to disconnect.

-Nicole.

bubbaray

Another vote for the Monterey, especially for younger/new booster riders and longer trips. The Monterey fits my DD#1 so well (thanks Nicole!) she can sleep in the car.

U

Unregistered

I have four kids aged 13, 11, 6, and 4, too...how strange. My 4 year old turned out to be a girl, though :)

That is too too funny! All of mine except the 11 year old just celebrated their birthdays in July. I wonder just how close ours are :) I didn't find out but I bet this one will be a boy too!

So the LATCH is optional..when you do use it then I assume it doesn't need to be in quite as snugly as for a car seat? MIL has a hummer and it's a real PITA trying to get the car seats in tight sometimes but if it just needs to clip in to keep it in one place then that's a lot easier.

I'm still trying to work out where to put the seats when this baby comes. I took an hour long drive with some of my kids and some others. There was a Radian and a HBB..evenflo or something..in the back with my 11 year old in the middle and 2 Radians in the bucket seats. It didn't go so well LOL. Not much room for my 11 year old with a tortuous 6 year old beside him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC