Question Does the clek olli come with a shoulder belt clip?

jebedyah

My daughter starts kindergarten this fall and I'm thinking that I'll probably have to invest in a backless booster or two for transporting friends, and for travel down the road if my 33-lb almost-five-year-old ever weighs enough (she's harnessed in a Nautilus for now).

I love the clek olli in theory but I'm not sure how well it would work in my van. Most likely I'd want to put it in a center seating position and those shoulder belts come down from the ceiling at really awkward angles. If the olli comes with a shoulder belt clip then I'd think that would help. If it doesn't, then I'll probably experiment with a backless Turbobooster.

Last edited:
ADS

picklesmama

No, it doesn't come with one. What do you drive? My friend has a Honda Odyssey I can try ours in and take pics for you..

jebedyah

Sirrahn--Don't all backless boosters have a 40-lb minimum?

Picklesmama--I drive an Ody as well. If it's not too much trouble for you to try it out, I'd appreciate it very much. It's at least a 30-min drive each way for me to see one in person locally.

picklesmama

Picklesmama--I drive an Ody as well. If it's not too much trouble for you to try it out, I'd appreciate it very much. It's at least a 30-min drive each way for me to see one in person locally.
Not at all, my friend already said no problem, and she lives on my street so I'll ask her when is a good time and pm you when I post the pics :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If the Ody passenger side captain's chair is pushed to the middle, I find the Olli is the only booster that fits my kids' shoulders, but not if it's LATCHed. It has to be unlatched and slid toward the door so that the shoulderbelt is on the shoulder. If it's LATCHed then the kid is too far toward the center of the car and the belt slips off their arm. Other boosters (maybe not the Turbo, it, too, is kind of narrow, which is the key, so that it can actually slide outboard a couple inches) are too wide to slide. :)

picklesmama

Here is the Clek Olli LATCHed into the center belt position of my friend's Odyssey. I didn't like how it fit on her 60/40 split. As you can see in the pic, it is not centered with the headrest. On her 38" tall 33lb 3½ year old the seatbelt does not hit at a good angle (she's not big enough for it but the only kid we had handy) so it's hard to say where it would hit on a taller kid. Hmm, what else, oh yeah, the seat overlapped the part that the belt comes out from, don't know if that's a bad thing for the booster seat, but no one would be able to sit on the other side of it. And it couldn'y go any further to the other side if you unLATCHed it because then the buckle stalk would be obscured. Anyways, my friend and I didn't like it for the middle of her rear bench seat.

OlliOddyssey1.jpg
OlliOddyssey2.jpg

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Here is the Clek Olli LATCHed into the center belt position of my friend's Odyssey. I didn't like how it fit on her 60/40 split. As you can see in the pic, it is not centered with the headrest. On her 38" tall 33lb 3½ year old the seatbelt does not hit at a good angle (she's not big enough for it but the only kid we had handy) so it's hard to say where it would hit on a taller kid. Hmm, what else, oh yeah, the seat overlapped the part that the belt comes out from, don't know if that's a bad thing for the booster seat, but no one would be able to sit on the other side of it. And it couldn'y go any further to the other side if you unLATCHed it because then the buckle stalk would be obscured. Anyways, my friend and I didn't like it for the middle of her rear bench seat.

Yes, on that particular child, it's not a good belt fit. But what I want to say most is that the olli doesn't have to be LATCHed in to be used. It's a nice feature and certainly what you're paying for (among other nicer things, of course ;) ), but it's not required.

The Combi Dakota has a min. weight limit of 33 lbs., but we usually recommend that booster for bigger kids because it's a wider/deeper seat. For a kiddo as small as under 40 lbs., I'd still be looking at highback boosters really.

picklesmama

Yes, on that particular child, it's not a good belt fit. But what I want to say most is that the olli doesn't have to be LATCHed in to be used. It's a nice feature and certainly what you're paying for (among other nicer things, of course ;) ), but it's not required.

The Combi Dakota has a min. weight limit of 33 lbs., but we usually recommend that booster for bigger kids because it's a wider/deeper seat. For a kiddo as small as under 40 lbs., I'd still be looking at highback boosters really.
The LATCHability is what sold me on it, I like that I can pull up to the curb and drop my son off at school, and not have to remind him to, or get out myself, to buckle his booster in or put it in the cargo area so it's not just sitting unsecured on the seat. I have other kids in the car after I drop him off and didn't like the idea of an unsecured booster becoming a projectile if we were in an accident after he got out.
Sadly, I can't use it in the center position in my T&C with lap belt only :mad:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
How about a high back booster for friends? Most kindergarteners really should be in a high back. We have a parkway (old model) and I just keep it in the car for when we need it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC