I moved the harness up on the regent...

Shaunam

without uninstalling the seat! I just had to post this because I'm so excited. And in case anyone else can use this info.

Our regent is installed with the recline bar, which gives me just enough room to get my hand back there and grab the plate that hold the straps. I managed to pull it out, undo the straps, put them in the next slot, and put them back on the plate without taking the seat out. :D I'm excited because it takes two people to get that thing in my car and I didn't want to take it out until DH could help me get it back in. So I tried it and it worked! And it wasn't even that hard. It took me about 3 minutes.

DS has been teetering on the 2nd slots for a while, but yesterday, I put him in there with a trim diaper and a thin fleece sleeper and he was really pushing the limits, so I went ahead and moved it up because most of the times, he actually is wearing clothes and not pajamas in the car seat. :p

ADS

Splash

Cool!
And I mean this with supreme niceness... but your not even 2 year old is at the THIRD slot in the Regent? Holy crap! What do you feed that kid?

LuvBug

Cool!
And I mean this with supreme niceness... but your not even 2 year old is at the THIRD slot in the Regent? Holy crap! What do you feed that kid?

yeah and I thought my DS had a long torso! Though when we use the recline bar he has less room then when we dont. We got the husky in january and he was 2.5 and with the recline bar he was just a hair above those second slots. But we went without the recline bar so he was a hair below them instead lol! The slots are wide though, like half an inch from rim to rim I think.

Shaunam

Cool!

He was breastfed almost exclusively until 16 months when he finally decided to eat more than 2 tablespoons of food a day. :D He still nurses for probably almost 50% of his nutrition (which works out to about 8 times a day). He's not really that big for his age. He just has a long torso. His knees aren't even close to bending over the edge of the regent.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Wow, that is indeed a tall/long torsoed almost 2 year old. He's now using the same shoulder harness slots in the Regent as my about to turn 5 tomorrow DD, and she is very long torsoed for her age, lol.

Shaunam

yeah and I thought my DS had a long torso! Though when we use the recline bar he has less room then when we dont. We got the husky in january and he was 2.5 and with the recline bar he was just a hair above those second slots. But we went without the recline bar so he was a hair below them instead lol! The slots are wide though, like half an inch from rim to rim I think.

I've noticed that the more upright he's sitting, the lower he sits. But we can't take the recline bar out because we don't have a place to tether at the moment or I'd totally try that. I don't like the harness being so high. Even an inch over his shoulders just makes me uncomfortable. I know it's not unsafe but still...

It kind of bugs me that the slots are wide like that. They are actually like an inch high. I think it makes it more confusing to determine when to move them up. :confused: Last night, he was about in the middle of the slot opening. But it looked like the straps were coming up over his shoulders and I didn't want to risk them being too low.

Lys

Senior Community Member
I've noticed that the more upright he's sitting, the lower he sits. But we can't take the recline bar out because we don't have a place to tether at the moment or I'd totally try that. I don't like the harness being so high. Even an inch over his shoulders just makes me uncomfortable. I know it's not unsafe but still...

It kind of bugs me that the slots are wide like that. They are actually like an inch high. I think it makes it more confusing to determine when to move them up. :confused: Last night, he was about in the middle of the slot opening. But it looked like the straps were coming up over his shoulders and I didn't want to risk them being too low.

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Ian is the same way in his Regent. The 2nd set looked ok but it depends on how he sits. Sometimes they would look below his shoulders so I went ahead and moved them up to the 3rd slots. But sometimes on the 3rd slots they look too high <sigh>
I have to keep telling myself that they are ok- above the shoulders for FF!

LuvBug

oh I know, I dont like all the space above his shoulders.

My DS was very similar to yours in eating as well. He was exclusively breastfed until he was 13 almost 14 months old when he decided to start solids, then by the time he was 2 he was about 70% nursing, 30% food.

Splash

Charlie was exclusively breast fed by my partner until about 11 months, when we had to add a ultra expensive heavy duty formula that smelled like cat food (he couldn't have any commercial formula). But because of all the dietary restrictions SHE had to follow because of his issues, she just wasn't making enough. He had the formula and her milk until about 13 months until I was able to make milk for him, and now at 16 months gets milk from both moms and some solids, and the cat food formula if he really needs it. He's a big boy, but not that tall! He's in a Boulevard, so I can't really measure top slots. However he still barely fits in a SS1 (in Pampers) but is too big for a comfort sport (odd, that their infant seat lasts longer than their convertible seat) and all the evenflo seats (but about half an inch below the top slots of a triumph) and he is right even with the top slots on a Roundabout. I imagine if he were in a marathon he would be in the third slots. I have put him in our regent just for kicks, and he is right at the second slots. Uh, so I guess he IS about as big as your son! Amazing what that milk can do, huh?

Shaunam

Charlie was exclusively breast fed by my partner until about 11 months, when we had to add a ultra expensive heavy duty formula that smelled like cat food (he couldn't have any commercial formula). But because of all the dietary restrictions SHE had to follow because of his issues, she just wasn't making enough. He had the formula and her milk until about 13 months until I was able to make milk for him, and now at 16 months gets milk from both moms and some solids, and the cat food formula if he really needs it. He's a big boy, but not that tall! He's in a Boulevard, so I can't really measure top slots. However he still barely fits in a SS1 (in Pampers) but is too big for a comfort sport (odd, that their infant seat lasts longer than their convertible seat) and all the evenflo seats (but about half an inch below the top slots of a triumph) and he is right even with the top slots on a Roundabout. I imagine if he were in a marathon he would be in the third slots. I have put him in our regent just for kicks, and he is right at the second slots. Uh, so I guess he IS about as big as your son! Amazing what that milk can do, huh?

I wish I had a partner to share nursing duties! This kid is a booby freak and it would be nice to pass him off to someone else to nurse once in a while. :p That's really cool that you can both nurse him. :D

How tall is Charlie? Just curious. DS is only about 35", but his torso is almost half of that. It's 15" when he's butt naked, but with a diaper and clothes it's closer to 16". And I put him in the regent last night to go shopping and the straps aren't that far above his shoulders. Like I expected them to come up to the middle of his head, but they only came to just below his ears. And I had an easier time getting the harness on him and had no problem getting it tight enough. So it'll stay there for a while I guess. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC