I'm gonna cry safeguard seat has a crack in it!!!

Austins-mama

We got our safeguard child seat less than 6 months ago for DH truck. It has been install in his truck which has never been in an accident. I brought it inside to wash the cover and this is what I saw :(

crack009.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm assuming that it is NOT ok to use this seat now. but as Safeguard isn't making them anymore I have no idea what they are going to do or offer or even if they will. DH will not be happy if we have to buy a new seat. he thinks we can just push it back together.

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
It's kind of hard to tell from the pic but I would recommend calling the manufacturer. It should be under warranty if it's less than 6 mos old.

Austins-mama

they are closed until to monday. we're just going to have to work round it this weekend until I talk to them. but still grr.......

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
They come with a 7-year limited warranty, so if hopefully they'll do something for you. Keep us updated.

Last edited:

Austins-mama

they come with a 7-year limits warranty, so if hopefully they'll do something for you. Keep us updated.

thats a relief to know. I realise its only cracked along the seem in the plastic but it still shouldn't do that!!!

I found the invoice and we ordered it April 27 2009 - it has a 2008 DOM.

Has anyone else ever heard of this happening. I checked the recall lists and their are no recalls on it - so maybe we just got a weird fluck or something happened to it before we got it. although I am sure I would have noticed that before.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Sorry for my previous typos.

If you look closely at the crack, it looks like there are two little posts sticking out--like they didn't meet up with (or separated from) some holes on the other side? I'd say that looks like a manufacturing defect.

I think I remember hearing that they have good customer service.

Austins-mama

Sorry for my previous typos.

If you look closely at the crack, it looks like there are two little posts sticking out--like they didn't meet up with (or separated from) some holes on the other side? I'd say that looks like a manufacturing defect.

I think I remember hearing that they have good customer service.

We'll find out on Monday. That darn seat was DH's choice and cost more than even I am comfortable paying for a seat.

mentally I'm already thinking about an XT I'm going to replace it with. is that bad??

Dillipop

Safeguard has fantastic customer service.

I had one of my knobs break off. Sent the seat back on their dime. Waited a couple weeks while they looked at it and had a new one, with a year newer dom sitting in my living room. I also had the option of having a new seat shipped before shipping the defective one, but I would have had to put the charge on my card and they would remove it when they got the defective seat back. I wasn't in a huge hurry, so I just waited.

The woman I spoke with was fantastic and we LOVE our safeguard.

Austins-mama

Safeguard has fantastic customer service.

I had one of my knobs break off. Sent the seat back on their dime. Waited a couple weeks while they looked at it and had a new one, with a year newer dom sitting in my living room. I also had the option of having a new seat shipped before shipping the defective one, but I would have had to put the charge on my card and they would remove it when they got the defective seat back. I wasn't in a huge hurry, so I just waited.

The woman I spoke with was fantastic and we LOVE our safeguard.

Its one of those seats I could take or leave. but the deal is DH gets to pic the seats for his truck and this is what he came back with. if it was up to me we would have another Frontier - but now there are seats with 40lb RF limits even in April they weren't around. scary how quickly things change.

I'll be happy if we can get a replacement seat as long as its like for like. I'm just worried because they have discontinued them now. I'm going to be calling them first thing Monday so we'll see what they say.

Austins-mama

So I called them at 7 my time - 8 their time. emailed pics and a copy of my invoice straight away and now 4 hours later I'm still waiting for some kind of reply.

I know it takes time but I'm impatient... probably because I've been waiting all weekend too.

*sigh* I just want a plan of action.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC