Question Arg! NEED HELP baby escaping stroller

outnumberedby6

wasnt sure where to post this hope its ok here, so i have a 21 mo old hoodini and i recently bought a peg perego si stroller. he is getting out of the 5 point harness. he does this as well with his high chair ( i even kriss cross the straps ) so peg perego sent me 2 car seat chest clips in hope that i could thread them on. no luck . i cant (After several hours and two sore thumbs later) get the harness to go threw the slots on the chest clip. i called my local store to see if they had any accessories for this they said no. anyone here have the same problem and know where i could get something?! i thought about even using a locking clip lol but that wouldnt be very convienent getting him in or out. any and all help is appreciated.

ADS

Mama Jo

I don't have any tips for keeping him from escaping, but if he doesn't want to be restrained in a stroller, maybe try something else.

Have you ever tried wearing him? Something like an Ergo, a Beco, or a Toddler Patapum on your back might make him happier. :)

outnumberedby6

hmm. well i know he wants down lol that would make him happiest:D
i do have a over the shoulder baby holder but wow is that thing not east to get used to. plus hes 29 lbs so hes heavy and my back is bad. do they have something out there for heavy babies with moms with bad backs?
tia

luvsviola

How high up the back do you have the plastic piece that goes between the two straps? I put it almost to DD's neck, and get the straps pretty tight. It seems to help the higher the plastic piece is.

outnumberedby6

i cannot get the clip threaded on there. the slots are too small. now that i think about it, peg perego (who sent them to me) only does infant seats. maybe thats why they are a bit smaller? the retainer clip i mean. i could call britax i wonder if a MA or REGENT retainer clip would work. that being said i do have both of those seats lol i "could" check. oh but i wonder how much of a pain it will be.

Mama Jo

hmm. well i know he wants down lol that would make him happiest:D
i do have a over the shoulder baby holder but wow is that thing not east to get used to. plus hes 29 lbs so hes heavy and my back is bad. do they have something out there for heavy babies with moms with bad backs?
tia

Any sling that goes over your shoulder will likely kill your back and shoulder with an almost 30 lb. kid. My almost 20 lb. kid is too heavy for those.

The 3 backpack carriers I mentioned above have great back support and distribute the weight really well. Some moms on here have worn their 4 year olds in one with no problems!

Jennifer mom to my 7

Man, I do know of an aftermarket product that would maybe work. But the lady that makes them thinks they are completely safe for carseats. Gotta remember the site...
http://www.babyhuggables.com/

Had some heated emails and messages on another board from her, but the product would work for strollers and high chairs.

picklesmama

I had that problem with my son getting out of his car seat, so I made extra buckles for it (before I found out this was unsafe). We aren't using them since I was informed of that so I'd be happy to send you one FFS, perhps you could either slip your stroller harness through the loops and/or stitch it in place. Or you could make your own. Please disregard and forgive them on the car seat, that was before I knew better, but am including the pic so you can see the finished product and how it went on.
Supplies from hardware store, I found it all near the boating stuff:
Webbing (about 1 ft per buckle you plan to add)
Plastic buckles to fit the webbing. We tested ours in the store to make sure my son could not undo them.

Strong thread
Sewing Machine
Lighter or matches

1) Get your supplies of course :)
2) Thread the webbing through the buckles. Pin the 2 layers of webbing together where the seam will be (this will depend how wide your car seat strap is).

Buckles1.jpg
Buckles2.jpg

3) Turn the pinned webbing as inside out as possible so you can sew it "right" sides together.
4) Stitch a seam where you marked. I went over it 3 times for strength.

Buckles3.jpg
Buckles4.jpg

5) Trim excess length, heat-seal (melt) the frayed edge with a lighter or matches.

Buckles5.jpg
Buckles6.jpg

6) Turn your seam back to the inside of your loop, and adjust it so that the seam rests in the crease of the buckle, so it will lie flat.

Buckles7.jpg
Buckles8.jpg

7) Do the same thing for the other half of the buckle.
8) Thread your safety seat straps through the loops. Done!

Buckles9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

outnumberedby6

does it require a sewing machine i do not have one. :-( not to mention i am very bad at those types of th ings, sewing and such ;) how do u get it to stay up where it needs to ? i would have to stitich it wouldnt i. hmm.
i had gone on the link the pp said earlier today but i wonder if that is strong
my son will break anything lol were those available to you? i mean not for carseats but i mean did u know about them and choose not to use them?
how do u stitch it in place? lol:doh:

rachandsoph

With a little girl that I nannied many years ago, we used a harness(some people called it a kid leash)turned it backwards(so it clipped closed in the back) and hooked it to the stroller...no more climbing or 'flinging' herself out after that and she was unable to open the clips as they were around her back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC