Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

GN ddesnt fit, now what?

OK so I was encouraging my bosss' to buy new carseats for 'M' back in the winter because I thought she'd outgrown her RAs at around 36" & 30#s but once it got warm and I realized her puffy coats & hats were creating an illusion I backed off She's very close but not completely out...

Well about 2 months ago one finally ordered a RN80 for his Prius and I installed it ff center (the way he requested). Then 2 weeks ago we found a NIB GN on sale in Mariposa so they got it, they installed it & immediately left on a roadtrip. They came back complaining of headslump while sleep, then they went away again and returned complaining it was too bulky to carry in the airport, wasn't FAA approved & didn't fit on the plane so they didn't use it!

OK so long story, sorry but they leave again tomorrow and want to replace the GN. What do you all reccomend?

Needs to:
    Be light weight (why they won't take RN is too heavy)
    Be comfy for sleeping
    Be easy install in Subaru, Prius and/or planes & rentals
    Get her to booster age (hopefully 5 or 6)

Please and the less expensive the better as this wasn't a planned buy (even though the GN will be sold when they return to help fund this one) any votes for an Ave?

Mommy to my 1st*princess*Born@Home7/23/2010 in a S1st OBA35
    Grateful Godmommy to my loves :DGS1-07/26/01,DGD1-12/02/05,DGD2-06/01/07,DGS2-11/21/08,DGS3 09/10/09

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: GN ddesnt fit, now what?

I'd look at the Avenue or Cargo. Both are narrow and fine on planes.

FYI, they shouldn't have her in bulky coats in the car, it's an ejection risk. And the Nautilus IS FAA approved with the harness in. And it fits just fine on the plane, just put the armrest up, like for so many other seats.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785