Question Those of you that have a Britax CS that doesn't work properly...

zactayaus

Did you call Britax about it? What did they do for you?

I have the MA CS and it does not click at all. It's not a problem for me because I know how tight to make the harness but I was just wondering what Britax was doing. Are they replacing the seats? If you're happy with your seat dispite the fact that it doesn't work as stated would they let you keep it and give you a huge discount off another seat (wishfull thinking:whistle:)?

Just wanted to know before I call them.

ADS

NannyMom

I've seen and heard of issues with the CS. But never bought one. I'm surprised you haven;t gotten any responses.

mommy2jasmine

I have a CS, but it works most of the time. I'll admit, it does click early, but not too early, I don't think. I think that if someone who didn't know and bought the seat with CS so that they WOULD know, and used it where mine clicks at, it would be ok. Myself, I tighten it much more, but as tight as the CS gets it, I can still kind of pinch it, but not a whole lot, and I have to put another finger under the strap and push it into my other hand so I can pinch. Does that make sense?

But yeah, I'm sorry I'm of no help. I haven't called about it not getting tight enough, because I don't need it. I would call them, and tell them yours absolutely does not work when it's installed, maybe they'll replace it with a new one?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I think if your seat doesn't work, they should replace or refund, and maybe if they refund they could offer a courtesy discount on a new seat. I think if you like the seat enough to keep it, it's not really fair to expect a discount on another seat.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Clicking 'early' is not a problem. Have you seen the video? Once it clicks, you need to pull up on the shoulder straps to pull out slack and tighten again till it clicks. It's meant to click multiple times. It sounds like the OP's seat doesn't click at all.

mommy2jasmine

Guess I never saw the video, but I know to make sure it's snug, so I always do what you mentioned anyway. I guess now that I think about it, of course it would click early, unless I always made sure that the slack was pulled out. But, anyway, no problems here. Definitely call Monday though.
Clicking 'early' is not a problem. Have you seen the video? Once it clicks, you need to pull up on the shoulder straps to pull out slack and tighten again till it clicks. It's meant to click multiple times. It sounds like the OP's seat doesn't click at all.

Mama Jo

Mine doesn't usually click. But I've never called because I don't really care. :whistle: I bought the CS cuz I wanted the cowmoo and really don't care one way or the other about the actual CS feature. I don't usually loosen the harness straps anyway, and I'm not too worried about knowing whether or not I have it tight enough.

I guess I just never cared enough to call. I bought it expecting it wouldn't work properly, because that's what every kept saying.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
This is what I was about to post:

"Britax is marketing a feature that's supposed to click when the harness is tight. Most people will not go to the website to view the video that shows the other steps you have to take. Therefore, it is misleading advertising, and Britax should do something for the people who paid more for the seat with the expectation that it would actually work."

But then I went to their website and noticed that the Click Safe feature is described as giving an audible click when the harness is "within range" of being properly tightened. :rolleyes:

So in that sense, most of them do work "properly" (though I did try one that didn't click at all).

Personally, I don't own a Boulevard CS. I own a Boulevard PT (Pull-Tug). When the harness is "within range," it stops tightening and I need to tug it a bunch of times. :p Exact same thing, but without the click.

What a gimmick.

OP, sorry, no advice, just venting for/with you.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Now would be a good time to mention that I was being sarcastic with my "PT" comment. I mean, it does do that, obviously, but that's not really the name of a feature.

(I'm envisioning a sudden rush of questions about the new "Boulevard PT" and everyone scratching their heads.)

zactayaus

Mine doesn't usually click. But I've never called because I don't really care. :whistle: I bought the CS cuz I wanted the cowmoo and really don't care one way or the other about the actual CS feature. I don't usually loosen the harness straps anyway, and I'm not too worried about knowing whether or not I have it tight enough.

I guess I just never cared enough to call. I bought it expecting it wouldn't work properly, because that's what every kept saying.

The reason I bought the CS was for the Crimsonn cover.:p I really don't care about the CS feature at all either. Most of the time I don't have to tighten or loosen the harness once I get the right fit any way. I just didn't know whether I should call and at least let them know it doesn't click at all so they get an acurate view of all the seats that aren't working. KWIM.

Madeline410

Now would be a good time to mention that I was being sarcastic with my "PT" comment. I mean, it does do that, obviously, but that's not really the name of a feature.

(I'm envisioning a sudden rush of questions about the new "Boulevard PT" and everyone scratching their heads.)

:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

I know how to tighten my harness too, I just got the CS for the Lauren cover :love:

Mama Jo

I guess it stands to reason that if we're not bombarding them with complaints, they wouldn't really know it's a crap feature.

Maybe I will let them know after all... even though I don't particularly care for my purposes. But I guess if they could fix it, then it would definitely make it safer for the average parent. They can't fix it if they don't know it's broken ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC