Am I the only one...CA related (pix heavy)

Cryssy Jane

not impressed with the CA? Our BRU finally got them in today so of course I had to go check it out. Yes the shell height is oh so nice and I like the SIP, but that sucker was a PITA to install. I've heard rumors about the RNs being a PITA but I have no problem with them, the CA absolutely refused to install in my car (06 subaru impreza):thumbsdown:.No install pix because I was frustrated by then. Oh, and Odin kept saying 'Ow' the whole time he was in the seat, not sure why as he's never done that before.

I'll personally stick with my RNs... but now I'm determined to go back without baby and figure out how to get this thing installed right in my car... grr I lost to a carseat...

He also modeled a Blvd for a pregnant lady. She was asking the BRU employee if it fit infants well and what the difference between the CS and the regular are and the BRU employee said that the CS had a taller shell and more leg room... BS oh well. I stuck my nose in and explained that pretty much the only difference between the two was the CS (which actually clicked for once) and the new style headwings as the regular was older. I told her in general Britax seats don't really fit a newborn well, however she purchased the seat anyways... I'm not a CPST so there's only so much info I can give out if they're willing to listen.

Anyways here's some pictures of our carseat adventure today.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg
Look at all that room :)
IMG_0156.jpg

ADS

APmama2MAK

I played with one the other day and was so excited to see it in store...but then I picked it up and messed with it and honestly I really really really dislike it haha. I will still recommend itbecause of the shell height and the weight limit but only AFTER a radian :D I like the air headwings, but I would rather have an XT.
If this was a $150 or under seat instead, I would feel completely different, nothing about it felt nice *shrug*

Qarin

Maybe he was saying "ow" because the cardboard tag was poking or rubbing his neck/shoulders?

jess71903

Ambassador
From your pics it looks like the wings are kinda pushing his head forward. It may just be the way he's sitting. This is always my worry with seat with separate wings.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Not impressed with it, either. It's a viable option for hard core ERFers who can't get an RN into their car (like, er, me, in my Escape <whistle>), but it's just a Cosco...they are going to be using the same shell till the end of time, lol.

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
my BRU happened to have them when i went on monday and i was not impressed at all. i also had no idea how much they were supposed to cost and i was shocked! i actually wondered if it was wrong until i looked online. never would i pay that much for a dorel seat! and yes, it's a great option if you can't get a RN in your car...but i think i would honestly buy a new car before i would buy the CA over a RN when they are essentially the same price. just my opinion!

Mommy0608

I know it's just a Dorel. I'm excited for more than just the ERF capabilities... I like it for the SIP. I like that it was developed at Kettering. I like that it's made in the USA. DD likes it for the "pillows."

I also know I might be in the minority.

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
I know it's just a Dorel. I'm excited for more than just the ERF capabilities... I like it for the SIP. I like that it was developed at Kettering. I like that it's made in the USA. DD likes it for the "pillows."

I also know I might be in the minority.

well someone needs to like it! i'm glad you can find reasons to :)

Spam

I'm so glad I'm not alone :duck: A fit in the seat about the same as your lo. The cover was already coming apart on the McKenna, and it didn't seem that plush to me. The wings were HUGE, although quite squishy, I think they would bother A if he was in it for any length of time. I would have hard time swallowing that price for a dorel seat, jmo. Another thought, if you a got a whole in the headwing, would all that air get let out?? Like if it was stabbed or something??

jujumum

The airbags have vents in them so they can be swished again and again.

I was never a fan of dorel or the AOE (which seems like its sibling), but I like this seat and think the headwings are great and like the cover & padding. For us, the Radian is too heavy and won't install at the proper angle, and the MR is too short. This seat is a very viable option for people in my situation.

At least dorel is moving forward with increasing the rf limit and creative ideas (the air bags) compared to some 'other' manufacturers.:whistle:

Cryssy Jane

I can understand all of these point of views. Luckily I make my Rns fit in my impreza. But for people who can't get an rn to work (it wouldn't work well in our van), it would be an option, since it gives a ton more room than the MR for O. I didn't really like the cover, it wasn't plush but more like neoprene type of material, of which I love on life vests but not so much on carseats.

For those that have the CA for everyday use, let me know if your child overly sweats in the Ca, it looks like it would be really hot to me.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's a dressed up AOE for $250. :confused:
Yes. Minus the base and armrests. (when you put a full wrap cover on an AOE it looks like an Avenue, but the Avenue is the same, too, minus the headrest).

I'm sure most of the cost is the headwing design and testing...they are probably going to recoup those costs and then the price will drop (the BRU My Ride went from 159 to 139 after a couple weeks for a looooong sale, I suspect the CA will do the same, and I bet they will be cheaper when they come to other stores... Leah's holding steady at 34 so I can leave her RF in her TFP if I want to till I can get a CA much cheaper).

Sorry to hijack, lol, but for those waiting for the price to drop, it will ;)

abbi_n_nadia

If it fit nb's I think I would like it better but so far I'm not really loving it. I don't want to have to use pool noodles to get the right recline either. I haven't seen one in person though.

daniele_ut

not impressed with the CA? Our BRU finally got them in today so of course I had to go check it out. Yes the shell height is oh so nice and I like the SIP, but that sucker was a PITA to install. I've heard rumors about the RNs being a PITA but I have no problem with them, the CA absolutely refused to install in my car (06 subaru impreza):thumbsdown:.No install pix because I was frustrated by then.

I haven't seen one IRL yet, but the source of your install problem could just be that you were installing in a Subaru, lol! Sorry, I couldn't resist because I own one as well and I have never had more trouble than when installing seats in ours!

I'm still in awe that you manage a 3 across in yours. Every time I see your siggy I bow down to you.

Cryssy Jane

I haven't seen one IRL yet, but the source of your install problem could just be that you were installing in a Subaru, lol! Sorry, I couldn't resist because I own one as well and I have never had more trouble than when installing seats in ours!

I'm still in awe that you manage a 3 across in yours. Every time I see your siggy I bow down to you.

HA HA HA I love my subie! Everyone told me that Radians were a PITA to install let alone in a subie, I have had no issues installing them, easy peasy. I'll have to take a picture to throw in my siggy of the umm usual occupants. I just post pictures of Odin on here mostly because not only is he a daycare kiddo but also my godson, so I am fully allowed to brag :)

cookie123

I've stated my views in other posts, but have to say, it is a good seat option if if installs well in your car. After wrestling to get a good install with my Radians for so long, I'm burned out. I want a seat I can stick in there in a minute, since I don't leave them in there all the time, and that seat (or the Radian) isn't the one!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC