Vent: I loathe the EFTA!!!!

wyomommyx3

Let me preface this by saying I have not installed this seat in awhile, and I have never installed that seat in a Cadi SUV something or other, but this is beyond ridiculous!!!

I just spent 1/2 an hour trying to install the dumb thing, and ended up using an old (but not expired ;) )seat just so I knew it was a good install.

I couldn't find the top tether anywhere (and the owner didn't know nor was the owner's manual in the car :mad: )... it would not stay snug FF'ing with a seatbelt or LATCH (leather seats were making it slip). So I tried it RF'ing, b/c the child is little enough to go either way. Still no luck.

Then I got out my other seat. 2 minutes. Rock Solid. My EB 3 in 1 is now on the way to the lake!! :)

And I'm not even going to address how it fit in my Pathfinder. I need a good seat for the 3rd row of an '06 pathfinder. :whistle:

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Sorry you had all that difficulty. It's a strange complaint - I've seen problems with the knobs rf'ing, but it seems to have been an easy fit in the other vehicles I've had it in so far if the knobs are accessible when rf'ing.

Hopefully you're able to find a seat that works in your Pathfinder.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Oh - top tether is stored on the back of the shell about 1/3 of the way down from the top - there's a spot there where the hook attaches. :thumbsup:

judesmommy

that sucks that you had such a bad experience. I LOVE my EFTA! It is kinda bulky though!! So I know it can be hard to move around. I use it in a Chevy Blazer RF and it installs great. But, I do use a mighty tight to install and I think if my car was any smaller that a good install would be very difficult! I still love it though! I love the harnesses and my son loves it too.

celtic1885

that sucks that you had such a bad experience. I LOVE my EFTA! It is kinda bulky though!! So I know it can be hard to move around. I use it in a Chevy Blazer RF and it installs great. But, I do use a mighty tight to install and I think if my car was any smaller that a good install would be very difficult! I still love it though! I love the harnesses and my son loves it too.

Hello judesmommy! welcome to the board!

Mighty tights are aftermarket products that are NOT approved for use with car seats and should not be used.

Not sure where you are located, but if you let us know where you are we can help you find a tech to assist in showing you how to install your carseat without one.

BekahD

Is it one of the newer larger ones? I had trouble installing that seat in my sister's car. I went to put my niece in one day and the thing tipped and I asked her if I could re-install it for her because her husband hadn't gotten it tight enough. I got it in but it took me a while to get it rock solid with the seatbelt. I have two smaller older triumphs and they were great with latch and seatbelt. I had to install them in quite a few different cars and it was always nice and fast for me. I never had to try a leather seat though. ;)

wyomommyx3

Oh - top tether is stored on the back of the shell about 1/3 of the way down from the top - there's a spot there where the hook attaches. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I meant the spot to hook the Tether to the car. :confused:

Is it one of the newer larger ones? I had trouble installing that seat in my sister's car. I went to put my niece in one day and the thing tipped and I asked her if I could re-install it for her because her husband hadn't gotten it tight enough. I got it in but it took me a while to get it rock solid with the seatbelt. I have two smaller older triumphs and they were great with latch and seatbelt. I had to install them in quite a few different cars and it was always nice and fast for me. I never had to try a leather seat though. ;)

Yup It's a pretty new one. It would seem tight on one side, and then when I went to crawl out of the seat, the whole thing tipped & just wouldn't get tight.

Sorry you had all that difficulty. It's a strange complaint - I've seen problems with the knobs rf'ing, but it seems to have been an easy fit in the other vehicles I've had it in so far if the knobs are accessible when rf'ing.

Oh... couldn't have adjusted these either. If I had ever gotten it tight enough.

Hopefully you're able to find a seat that works in your Pathfinder.

Thanks for the sympathy!! Luckily it was an extra seat, and mom is perfectly fine with getting something that does work & doesn't give me nightmares!!

Mommy2Marcus

I am sorry you had this experience. I absolutly LOVE my EFTA. I have from day one! I have also never had any trouble getting it installed in any car I have tried it in & I have put it in several.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC