How many car seats do you own?

super_grape

My SIL was reprimanding me for owning "too many car seats"
(hey, at least my kids are in safe, nonexpired/nonwrecked seats but that's a whole other thread:mad: ) the other day.
I "only" have 4 (2 Canadian, 2 US so I can be legal depending on where we are).
To me this seems like the bare minium because we technically don't own a spare seat. This got me thinking about what the "normal" car seat conscious
person has in their car seat closet, lol.

So, how many do you have:) ?

ADS

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I only have 6 right now, but I had 9 a few months ago and gave some away to some of my daycare parents who were in need of spare seats. I have had 11 total in my 5 yrs of being a parent. There are more that I want (would love to have a Radian as a spare)!

super_grape

Yup, that's my current goal...to get a Radian and also a Regent IF they come out with some nice covers:p ...I can just see DH's face now, lol - he thinks the Marathon is big!

Simplysomething

Just three. Four if you count the scenera in my mothers car.
But I guess that belongs to her. Or something.

I have C.'s old cargo, his new turbo and L.'s scenera.

K.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK, my list is extra long because these are for my daycare kids. I currently own:

2 Britax DCs in Onyx
1 Britax MA in Granite (Onyx cover is coming! LOL)
1 Britax RA in Puma & Teddy Bear
1 Britax PW in Cougar
1 Graco Turbobooster (Grey/Black...also have the original blue cover)
1 Graco CarGo (don't remember the pattern, but grey/black)
1 Graco No Back booster (don't use, but still have for emergencies)
1 Graco Safeseat 1 in Renaissance...my only one that doesn't match anymore!

So that brings me to 9 currently. In the last 16 years since became a mom & a daycare provider, I have owned well over 50 seats. Britax is my favorite!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Here is the list of seats that I remember owning over the years...I'm sure there were more.

Cosco POS infant seat
Kolcraft Rock N Ride
Evenflo Joy Ride
Evenflo Ultara OHS
Century Braverra
Evenflo Shield Booster
Evenflo Shield Booster
Century Infant Seat
Evenflo Joy Ride
Evenflo Ultara
Century 1000STE T-Shield
Century OHS
Gerry OHS
FP Booster
Gerry Booster
Century Braverra
Century Next Step
Cosco Booster
Evenflo Booster
Gerry Double Guard Shield Booster
Evenflo Fresh Air Gear something or other...
FP Futura OHS

My daycare seats start here.
Evenflo Tribute
Evenflo Tribute
Cosco Scenera
Cosco Scenera
Evenlo Portabout
Graco Turbobooster*
Graco Turbobooster
Graco No back booster*
Peg Perego Primo Viaggo
Britax Boulevard
Britax Boulevard
Britax Decathlon*
Britax Decathlon*
Britax Marathon*
Britax Roundabout*
Graco Safeseat 1*
Britax Parkway*
Graco CarGo*

OK, so that's 40 or so...not well over 50....but I know there were others...just can't remember! LOL The ones with *'s are the ones I still have. All others have been sold, given away etc.

Last edited:

didymama

my list of everything:
radian
3tourivas
evenflo OHS-didn't know better yet
EB 3in1
alpha omega
2snugrides
turbo booster
backless booster-got it for later spare-loved the lizard print and 1/2 off

i think that's it

ccjones

For my only son, we have 6:

2 Radians: 1 each permanently installed in DH's TL and Wrangler
1 Marathon: permanently installed in my Pilot
2 Sceneras: 1 stays at the ILs house, the other is a spare kept at my house
1 EB 3-in-1: was my ILs until I got them a Scenera, now my cats use it as a bed in my basement :p

When he's outgrows the above, we'll end up adding either 3 Regents or 3 Recaro Young Sports or Starts to the collection, and probably two Parkways for the ILs and as a spare! Maybe I'm just a a little crazy! LOL :D

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
We have 7, but one expires in April and 1 is just a spare booster. I'm getting at least 1 new one next year, if not 2 though and maybe ditching some of the ones I have to narrow it down. We've gone through 2 infant seats already though, so we had 9 total in 3.5 yrs. :)

SPJ&E

Right now, being used, I have a Marathon, Decathlon, and Snugride (w/ 2 bases). Not being used, I have 2 Scenera's, a Triumph, and a Cosco Regal Ride (that I will NEVER use).

So that would be...wow, 7...I never counted them, lol, so that's a shocker to me!

I need to just destroy the Regal Ride...it's an overhead shield seat and I'd rather eat dirt than use it anywhere. The Triumph, Pacey outgrew rear-facing months ago and the 2 Scenera's are just spares for other cars, so they're used very rarely. The Marathon is in my car for Pacey, along with a base for the Snugride for Joshua and the Decathlon is in my partner's car for Pacey, along with the other base for the Snugride for Joshua. What that confusing enough?

To add to it, I'm getting 2 more Marathon's come tax time! Joshua will be growing out of the Snugride around that time and since we use both cars about equally, I want Britax's for them in both (I love the rear-facing tether). How did I end up with so many carseats, lol!?

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
We have used 5 seats for my 2 kids in the past 4.5 years...we're very efficient :p :

Evenflo Cozy Carry
Britax Companion
Britax Roundabout
Britax Marathon
Cosco Scenera

We only have 3 seats now....the RA, MA, and Scenera. I gave the Cozy Carry to my sister (and it's close to expiration now) and sold the Companion to a friend. I didn't know when I'd have another baby and knew I'd probably want a new seat anyway!

My kids never ride in anyone else's vehicle (including my dh's...and we have no family nearby) so having spares has never been an issue.

I also have a couple seats hanging around my garage NIB that I bought on clearance. I thought the local Safe Kids coalition might want them (high back boosters for $6) but nobody seems interested. I think I will Ebay them.

lovinwaves

For my two kids I have:

1-Britax Marathon-Luau
2-Britax Marathon-All-stars
3-Britax Marathon-Racer? (blk & red)-Backup seat in my aunt's car
4-Britax Roundabout-Blu-Backup seat in my Mom's car
5-Britax Safe N Sound Discovery Plus-Backup seat in my sister's car
6-And hopefully a new Scenera for X-mas-Backup seat in my hubbie's car

I did own a:
Graco Snugride-Highland Park
Graco Comfortsport-Solid Black with GracoPedic in it (Loved that seat for cleaning & loved the memory foam, but that's all I loved about it, and oh yeah, it matched Dh's Black interior perfectly! :) )

skipspin

I feel better now :)

I have:
1 Radian (in VUE)
1 Recaro Young Sport (in Wrangler)
1 Evenflo Chase (in Dh's truck)
1 Wizard (DD's "extra" seat for now- saving for baby in Wrangler, just replaced it with the YS for DD)
1 02 Graco Snugride (was DD's and a friend has been using if for 5 months)
1 03 3 pt Snugride (bought it from a friend for $10 to have an extra base for mine, then loaned it to a friend that had an expired infant seat- will probably use it as a demo seat when I get it back in a few weeks)
1 Cosco low-back (for other kids, DD used it once on a test drive and once in my sisters car)
Um, that's it for now. So, I have four seats in my current posession for one child and three vehicles. It could be worse, right?

ETA: I also have a Jovvy infant seat for DD's dolls- does that count?

RubysGirl

I currently have one marathon, one primo viaggio, and one turbo booster.

I couldn't even name all the seats that have passed through my hands.

I know for sure

3 Laptops
1 FPSE
1 Snugride
1 Breverra
1 OMW
1 Discovery V
1 Century STE
1 Century? Smartfit
3 Tourivas
1 Renolux (destroyed imediately, I traded a new touriva for this)
1 Gosh I don't remember the name of it, it was a five point convertable that was a little over priced, I think an evenflo?
2 Evenflo ulturas
1 cosco explorer booster (with the explicit directions to use only for her older child without the shield and wait till the lap top got there for her younger. (she had a Tshield her youngest was outgrowing))

That's all I can remember, I'm sure there's a couple more.

B

blue_nova

the ones i can remember.....
evenflo discovery 5 point~loved it
2 cosco hbb w/5point~hated them
touriva OHS~b4 i knew about carseats
evenflo titian OHS~hated it
evenflo titian 5-point~loved it
EB 3in1~hated it
turbo booster~i like the parkway better

my son is in an evenflo chase and a parkway
i will be buying either a regent or radian when my taxes come back

LuvBug

Just 2 at the moment, both in use.
Britax Husky(mine)
Britax Laptop(mom's)
But we will be getting a regent very soon so that we both are harnessing. He will be riding equally in our cars, if not a little more frequently in hers, so I definitely want a harness for hers.

I guess I will include seats from the past, even though we do not really have them anymore.
I didnt include all the seats we have ever had for DS, just his current ones. But even then there arent many lol! We had
Graco snugride(20/26)
Designer 22
Britax Marathon

Last edited:

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I'm going to try to list mine now:
1 Cosco Touriva (for babysitting before I had kids)
1 Evenflo 5 pt (don't know what it was, probably manufactured in '98 or so - was given to me already used)
2 Graco Snugrides (an '00 and an '03 - both 5 pt)
1 Fisher Price Safe Embrace
4 Evenflo Triumphs (3 from '01 and 1 from '04, I currently only own 1 of them as a spare)
1 Cosco Touriva ('03 or '04 a spare for daycare kids)
1 Cosco Protek HBB (a spare for daycare kids)
1 Britax Wizard (DS2's primary seat)
1 Safety 1st Intera (DDs primary seat)
1 Britax Boulevard (DS1's primary seat)
I think thats all. I guess I was off with my '11' I said before. Thats a total of 14 over the past 6 yrs.

Lys

Senior Community Member
Ian has the 3 seats listed in my siggy :)
Before that I had an Arctic Cat Marathon, Fisher Price Safe Embrace Convertible ( LOVED that seat!) Graco Snugride
Mia- had a Graco Snugride, FP Safe Embrace, Graco Cargo, TB
Cole- Evenflo infant seat with a vinyl cover- I hated that seat but it saved him in an accident that left me with 6 stitches in my head, I don't remember what he had for a convertible. Probably Rachel's FP
Rachel- FP infant seat with T shield, FP convertible w/ tshield, a shield booster ( I shudder to think what could have happened using that)

Last edited:

Michi

In our main vehicle we have:
2 Graco Turbo Boosters
1 Britax MA
1 Britax RA/ADV
( and one integrated child seat that we use in the rare instance that I am babysitting)

In DH's van (which, now that we homeschool, the kids almost NEVER ride in!) we have:
1 Graco Turbo Booster and one of these http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1943168
(which I hate, but since we use it so infrequently....probably less than 5x/year....and for short distances only,
I'm not too worried about it)

I also have an expiered Century Next Step that is our "movie" carseat.
When we go to the movies I bring it along and buckle-in my 2 yr old.
She knows that she's not allowed to get out of a car seat, so it keeps her from squirming/running around the theatre.

My past car seats have included:
And Evenflo "On My Way" infant seat
the Evenflo Ultara V
Century Next Step
Century Accel
Graco Snugride
Eddie Bauer Designer 22 Infant Seat
Cosco Highback Booster

But now that we've had Britax...ther's No going back! ;-)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC