Pics of Complete Air installed!

brittany741

I was randomly driving around and hit up a BRU that had just received the new Complete Air. The amazing manager was very pro ERF and was gracious enough to let me take the Complete Air out to my car!

The install is straight forward RF with LATCH and I really liked the fabric. The labeling is also :thumbsup: and the headwings are a lot tighter than the BV.

It's just like their other seats but with headwings.

Here are the pics! My daughter loves trying new seats, she kept saying, baby in seat! baby in seat! Baby help!

photo-66.jpg

photo-67.jpg

photo-67.jpg

photo-69.jpg

Here's my opinion, and it's just an opinion:

Pros:

RF to 40 lbs
Sporty Fabric
Harness tightens up easily
Great labeling
Great marketing which encourages ERF (marketing is everything!)

Cons:

Sorely overpriced. This is basically a $100 seat with headwings and I could not justify spending more than $150 for it. I was absolutely shocked to see the pricing on this seat!

Proper recline will pretty much require a noodle. Not happy about that.

The harness adjustment strap is buried in the seat, but not as bad as the TrueFit.

The cover is impossible to get back on RF. I always pull the cover back to ensure the belt is routed straight with no twists.

Price is pretty much what breaks the deal for this seat. For $250 - $300, I expect a lot more. If they reduce the price to $150, it gets two thumbs up from me. At that price, this seat would be a great buy.

ADS

Mommy0608

Great pics! :)

I think with proper recline (your pics look a little too upright), the harness adjuster will be much more accessible. I have two of these seats and with proper recline I can very easily get to the adjuster. Much easier than on the True Fit (which I also own). :thumbsup:

Lifting the cover up can be a pain... it would be nice if they had slits in the cover to access the belt path. However, I found that lifting the cover, routing the belt and buckling LOOSELY (either connecting LATCH or buckling seat belt), then putting the cover back on the seat, THEN tightening worked out great.

Just wanted to offer a few tips to counteract the issues. This seat does have it's quirks, just like any other seat does... I'm certainly not denying that. I wish the price were a little lower too, but for a seat made in the USA with the new technology, I suppose it's really not all that far-fetched.

Just my :twocents:. Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts! :)

brittany741

I agree with you on the recline angle. You can see the pool noodle in the back of my car but I had nothing to cut it with, otherwise I'd have certainly used one.

Overall I did like it, but the price doesn't match the quality IMHO.

I was impressed with the headwing construction and my daughter was, too ;)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for the pictures and it's awesome to hear of a BRU manager pro-ERF. :D

Lifting the cover up can be a pain... it would be nice if they had slits in the cover to access the belt path. However, I found that lifting the cover, routing the belt and buckling LOOSELY (either connecting LATCH or buckling seat belt), then putting the cover back on the seat, THEN tightening worked out great.

That's exactly what I always do with the 3in1 seats too. You have to spend a ton of time if you hope to re-attach the cover on those once the seat is tightened down, so I will re-attach before tightening and then just pull it to the side. Not hard once you get used to it really. :thumbsup:

Mommy0608

That's exactly what I always do with the 3in1 seats too. You have to spend a ton of time if you hope to re-attach the cover on those once the seat is tightened down, so I will re-attach before tightening and then just pull it to the side. Not hard once you get used to it really. :thumbsup:

Yep! I've uninstalled and reinstalled the CA several times now, and it has gotten much, much easier the more I play with it. :thumbsup:

P1ally

I'm not thrilled with the fact that it has almost zero eps or epp foam.. Like seriously? For $250 you couldnt throw some foam in there for my peace of mind?

I know I'll end up with one in 6 months lol. (unless something super cool comes out before then *cough cough US MT cough cough*

cookie123

I also thought I looked alot like my Avenue. It went in my Tribute ff easily outboard, but rf center, where I wanted it - it fell into the break in the seat and had a serious leaning issue. Might be better with a locking clip and a pool noodle but didn't have a noodle with me. I wasn't hot for it, at least not at that price.

P1ally

Does anyone have a pic of the CA next to the AOE? It looked SUPER similar the other day.. I feel like the seat is somewhat flimsy and plasticy.. *sigh* The most I would pay for this seat is 150.. 250 is crazy..

Maedze

I think the price is reflective of a made-in-the-USA product, with fair wages and labor laws and all that that entails....

P1ally

I think the price is reflective of a made-in-the-USA product, with fair wages and labor laws and all that that entails....

Other seats of comparable price are made in the US and are much better quality... IE Britax.. :shrug-shoulders:

DahliaRW

Other seats of comparable price are made in the US and are much better quality... IE Britax.. :shrug-shoulders:

Yes, but they don't rf to 40lbs and have that high of a shell. And some britax are made overseas. As far as I know, very few seats are actually manufactured here (of any brand). An overwhealming amount of them come from China (like the radian). I do think $250 is a lot, but if it'll keep my child rfing longer than any other seat and it's made in the USA then it's worth the additional money to me.

P1ally

Yes, but they don't rf to 40lbs and have that high of a shell. And some britax are made overseas. As far as I know, very few seats are actually manufactured here (of any brand). An overwhealming amount of them come from China (like the radian). I do think $250 is a lot, but if it'll keep my child rfing longer than any other seat and it's made in the USA then it's worth the additional money to me.

Of course of course. I'd like it if my seats were made in the US, but at this point, it's not a deal breaker. My issue is paying $250 for an AOE with nice headwings and 40lb rfing capacity. They seriously could have spent $1 more per seat to make it even seem more SOLID- like $250 solid. (Not trying to be negative about the CA, just kind of annoyed by some things about it)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC