Radian vs. Multi Tech

Which seat?

• Radian

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Britax Multi Tech

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

brittany741

My daughter is 2 years old, 34" tall, 29lbs, 12" torso (long legs!), and she is getting cramped in her Boulevard.

The goal is to rear face as long as there is a seat that I can obtain which fits her height and weight.

Radian is 40lbs RF, MultiTech is 55lbs Rear Facing.

I want a RF tether and headwings so these are my options.

I love the steel construction of the Radian and I love the weight limit of the MultiTech.

I am nearly certain she will outgrow the RF seat by height before weight becomes a factor, but 15lbs is a substantial difference.

Which would you choose? (Price and legality is not a concern of mine- safety only.)

ADS

mommaon112903

*I* would not suggest a MT for a child UNLESS they have a medically fragile condition that needs those extra lbs/shell height since we now have three seats that RF to 40lbs that are legal and safe to use here in the U.S.

I have never been able to see/play with a Radian IRL but I have a feeling even my son (with a torso length of pushing 18" now :eek:) would have just outgrown the Radian RFing due to weight. Well, we would have had to turn him FF for a few weeks since he was up to 42lbs but he went down to 35lbs and is just now at 40lbs again. Josef is 5yrs8months today-I would be totally fine FF him, and do ;)

AtTheSouthDam

With that torso height and the now RF limit of the XT I would recommend that. It will be years before she out grows the XT RF and there may be even more on the market by then. (This is coming from some one who really, really wants a MT).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC