What is the problem with EFTA talked about below?

kmcenery

I have seen some kids have problems with red tabs, but the one below makes it sound like it's the lower back. It made me think because my daughter has been telling me her back hurts and points to her lower back. This is now our extra seat because she wants her cow seat (ma). Just wondering if this is a problem and what evenflo is doing for it. I'm not even sure I would call them because I have already had to call them twice. Once for my cover getting messed up after I washed it and once because my harness twisted under the seat. I was asking how to fix it, but had to be sent a new seat because it could not be fixed. So just wondering if this is the issue some people have been talking about.

ADS

Mommy0608

I had two issues with mine... one was that it ripped up the fabric of my vehicle seat (for which I was issued a refund of my purchase price). The other "issue" which I figured out later wasn't an issue, was a bruise on DD's back. I thought it was coming from where the EPS foam stopped, but later figured out that there was a hook on the cover in that section that needed to be hooked onto the shell of the seat. Instead, it wasn't hooked on, so that plastic piece was sticking out under the cover and digging into her back. Once I figured that out and reattached it, it was no longer an issue.

Perhaps this is the cause of the problem for other people? I'm not sure.

kmcenery

I know the hook your talking about I will need to check mine. I have the MA out of my car because it needs to be washed and she has been using the EFTA the last few days.

I had two issues with mine... one was that it ripped up the fabric of my vehicle seat (for which I was issued a refund of my purchase price). The other "issue" which I figured out later wasn't an issue, was a bruise on DD's back. I thought it was coming from where the EPS foam stopped, but later figured out that there was a hook on the cover in that section that needed to be hooked onto the shell of the seat. Instead, it wasn't hooked on, so that plastic piece was sticking out under the cover and digging into her back. Once I figured that out and reattached it, it was no longer an issue.

Perhaps this is the cause of the problem for other people? I'm not sure.

Madeline410

The top of the overlapped velcro pieces on the cover stuck into my DS's back and left a huge red mark. The hook was in place, it was just from the cover sticking out further where it overlapped. He told me all the time that his back hurt in that seat. I LOVED that seat so I was really sad about getting rid of it, but I couldn't have it hurting my "baby".

They changed the cover from this design:
P1080270.jpg

to this:
P1080298.jpg

but the foam still sticks out more than the plastic, so I'm interested to see if the problem is solved or not.

kmcenery

I did call today becuse dd cried the whole way to the store and home. They told me the new cover came out 2-3 weeks ago and she is sending me one to see if it helps my daughter. I will let you know if it helps her.

The top of the overlapped velcro pieces on the cover stuck into my DS's back and left a huge red mark. The hook was in place, it was just from the cover sticking out further where it overlapped. He told me all the time that his back hurt in that seat. I LOVED that seat so I was really sad about getting rid of it, but I couldn't have it hurting my "baby".

They changed the cover from this design:
P1080270.jpg

to this:
P1080298.jpg

but the foam still sticks out more than the plastic, so I'm interested to see if the problem is solved or not.

lauralou

My red tabs are ripped where they go into the harness at the top.They are just split all the way straight where it is at the top connected to the harness.You can make them stand straight up from it.What I wanna no is can I still use it ?or have to find something else

Pixels

My red tabs are ripped where they go into the harness at the top.They are just split all the way straight where it is at the top connected to the harness.You can make them stand straight up from it.What I wanna no is can I still use it ?or have to find something else

I would not use it until you talk to Evenflo about it. I'm guessing that they will tell you not to use it. If what I'm picturing came in to a check I was doing, I would strongly discourage you from using it, and try to get you to let me destroy the seat and replace it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC