No pics, but I put Piper in the Complete Air today

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
And WHOA. I was far more impressed than I expected to be.

She's seven years old, 41.75 pounds and 45.75 inches (she had a doctor's appointment today, so those numbers are more accurate than my siggy). She's got a 17.5" torso.

I put her in it and cranked the headrest all the way up. She *just* fit in. Then she sneezed, and I don't think she fit in it anymore. She was that close. But the harness fit her comfortably (I thought the crotch strap was a little unpadded and short, but she said it was fine), she liked the wings, and said overall it was a very comfortable seat. With her still in it I tipped it on its side and put away the FFing foot and turned her around. She's just over the weight limit, but even skinny minny would have outgrown it by weight rather than height rear facing (since I'm ignoring the 40" limit like I ignore all other height guidelines). She had more than an inch above her head on the headrest, though not much, and they're ok with to the top of the headrest, and she would have had enough leg room. So Piper, who I know is more petite than most, would have made it to a SOLID 6.5 years old rear facing in this seat.

I didn't put it down to see how it would fit an infant, and I didn't remove the hip pads (I didn't even read the manual to see if I should have, but Piper's so tiny in her bum the hip pads actually filled the rest of the seat really well). It had the annoying cupholder sitting right on the RFing belt path, like Dorel seats have, but I wasn't actually installing it so I didn't remove it.

Piper's opinion, as the kid in the seat, was that we should get it for the baby. Hmmm. I don't think so (even I'm content, if baby follows Piper's pattern, to turn a child forward facing at 5.5 years, which is when she hit the weight limit on the TF). Plus the TF and TFP just seem more plush and nicer to me. But Piper thought it was a great seat. And she would just have outgrown it recently both forward and rear facing.

Wendy

ADS

Mommy0608

Wow, that's great! :) Is a 17.5" torso rather long for her age, or is that average? Just wondering. I want Jessica to make it to at least 6 in this seat.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's probably just on the longer side of average, but nothing amazing. For her age it's small, for her height it's pretty decent.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC