Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Coccoro RF Latch install and "cocooning" & MA/RI/CT Tech?

Hi everyone,
    I've read what I can here about this issue, but I'm still having problems keeping the install of our Coccoro. The slightest touch and it flips backwards or "cocoons". DH is picking up a pool noodle on his way home tonight so we can try that tomorrow. So far we've tried a towel with no success. We are trying to install in a 2001 Volvo V70XC behind the driver seat (we need 3 across).

I think I need to get a tech to help me. Where can I find info on a tech in my area? We live in South Central MA very close to CT and RI. But I can travel if I have to. I want this seat to work.

Thanks.

ETA: Made a sleep deprived error at first in my title. Should read correctly now. RF w/ Latch

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Coccoro RF Latch install and "cocooning" & MA/RI/CT Tech?

I live in that area. I have no experience with that particular seat, but I'm willing to help you out if I can! If you want to, PM me your location and we can take it from there.

Laurie - special needs trained CPST, COTA/L & mom to:
    *Marshall
    08/16/02 ~ 12/22/02
    *Murphy 01/05/05, 50 pounds, GN, Monterey, Vivo
    *Anders 09/11/07, 44 pounds, Monterey, Vivo

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Here's a list of board techs who have ok'ed making their locations public. You can see if one is near you.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59135

I have no advice on the Coccoro, sorry. I haven't seen one IRL yet.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

The Coccoro will cocoon easily if you push up on the back. However, pushing up on the back of it is not something one would ordinarily be doing.

You should only test for movement at the belt path, not anywhere else.

If it is loosening otherwise, then yes, try the noodles and see if that helps.

I haven't found rebounding/loosening to be an issue with normal everyday use, but maybe I've been lucky. I've only installed the Coccoro in three cars, and yours isn't one of them, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks everyone. Laurie, I will PM you.