Question MyRide or TrueFit?

Which convertible carseat for 4-mo long DD?

• Graco MyRide 65

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The First Years TrueFit

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DD is nearly 4 months old and already 26 inches long, so I need to move her from her infant seat yesterday. Time to go shopping!

I think I have the new carseat narrowed down to these 2--I really like the reviews on both, but here are my needs & questions :confused:for any of you who are really up on carseats!

1. How easy is the cover to remove & wash? DS's old carseat was impossible, so when he got sick in it, it was NASTY. I want machine-washable and easy to remove & put back on.

2. How easy is it to adjust the straps when baby is in the seat, either RF or FF? If there are difficulties, what are your solutions?

3. How easy is it to adjust harness height? DS seems to be a very fast grower, at least in height!

4. Will the seat puzzle with DS's Nautilus? He's five & FF, and I have a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country. The kids sit together on the half-bench directly behind me.

Anything else you think I should know about either seat:twocents:? Many, many thanks!:thumbsup:

Elizabeth
Mom to Stuart & Anne, student, unemployed educator, and displaced FL girl!

ADS

swtgi1982

DD is nearly 4 months old and already 26 inches long, so I need to move her from her infant seat yesterday. Time to go shopping!

Just to remind you overall height is not how a car seat is outgrown RF, but by whether there is less then one inch left front the top of the child's head to the top of the hard plastic shell ( not including the padding). Some kids at 26inches can have two or three inches left, others none. It all depends on whether they are long torsoed or long legged.

Personally I would choose the True Fit as I have seen it has a taller shell, which is great for extended RF, which is the safest to keep them that way until they outgrow RF limits. Which on this one would be the 35lbs or when they have less then one inch at the top of the shell left.

How much does she weigh this will help me give you a better idea on a decision. I will vote then once I know. If baby is just tall and not big both by weight and height then I say True Fit, but if by both then I would say either would do. I personally prefer the True Fit over the my ride from what I have seen of them. I have tried my DD in both and she has more space left in the True Fit then the My Ride.

babygirlsmom1005

1. The cover on the True Fit has snaps in order to remove it, this also keeps the cover in placey. The cover on the MR65 is like the rest of the covers out there, placed on with elastic on little hooks (some of the covers were also slipping off in them at first).

2. I only have experianced the TFP for RF'ing and it's easy, I haven't done a regular TF. For the MR65, the couple of times I've done it on my girlfriends seat, it was easy also.

3. The True Fit is easy - it has no re-threading harnesses and you pull out the handles on both sides and slide up or down. The MR65, you have to disconnect the harness from the splitter plate (able to do RF'ing without uninstalling it, have to uninstall the seat for FF'ing) and for slot 1 it is in the top loop position, for slot 2&3 in the middle loop position and on slots 4&5 the bottom loop position (there are different loops in the harness for the MR65 that apply to each position that the harness is in).

4. Have no idea....I have puzzled the TFP with multiple seats in a 92 Suburban....but that's not much help to ya.

Here is my DD RF'ing in both seats (she'll be 4 in Oct, 33 lbs and 39 inches long with a 15-16 inch torso - the girl is ALL legs. She's not harnessed in on the MY65 due to I just set her in there to take the pics and didn't want to play adjust the harnesses and remove the infant insert, so she's sitting on the infant insert - actually in both pictures she's sitting on the infant insert. Without the insert with the TFP, she's on the 2nd slots)

MR65
RF'ing
IMG_5105.jpg

FF'ing installed on the bench at the store
IMG_5012.jpg

TFP
TFP6-2.jpg

Here's my DS in these seats. The MY65 he was around 6 weeks old without the infant insert installed on a bench in the store. The TFP with the infant inserts installed in my Suburban he was around 3 months old - headrest on the TFP is removed and it's at around a 42 degree angle

MY65
IMG_5013.jpg

TFP
IMG_5096.jpg

HTH some and hopefully someone can tell you about the puzzeling in the T&C

This is to respond to swtgi1982's comment. My Graco infant seat says a child has outgrown that seat at 26 inches long--since the infant seat is ONLY RF, the issue is total length. I figure I can get away with it for a few weeks yet, but I don't want to push it. If Graco has said "26 inches" then we're going to move her from her infant seat ASAP--even though I see very large, very long children still riding in those infant seats:eek:! I saw one little boy in the store the other day who nearly overflowed from the seat--I'm not going to do that.

So, that's why I mentioned that DD is already 26 inches long, and why I'm asking for votes/opinions on these 2 seats. Thanks much!

Elizabeth

swtgi1982

I was just giving you information you can do with it what you want, but it was just good intentioned information. Both my kids were "tall" too so I was just sharing what I was told by a car seat tech, when my DS was in the same position but had still 2 inches above his head. Just trying to let you know you will be ok if it takes you a few days to find a new seat. That is all. Both my kids were four months as well when they out grew this seat as well. Mine was never by height though they had long torsos and outgrew it by the one inch rule.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC