True Fit, True Fit Premier or MyRide?

abbi_n_nadia

So we are back to where we started. We weren't able to get a Sienna so we are stuck with our Matrix for now.

My dd will be 3 in November, she is 36" tall (13 inch torso I think, I need to measure again) and she is either 29 or 30 lbs, hard to tell cause first our scale said 29.8 and then she got back on and it said 30.8. :rolleyes: I was just at the dr yesterday and I was 1 lb more on our scale than at the drs office so ours might be off a little. She dosn't have very much room left above her head in the boulevard. I want to keep her RFing.

And I am due with our second dd December 2nd. :)

We are looking for new seats for both of them and I would like to get them matching (I think we want to start the new baby out in a convertible).

I wanted Radian XT's for both of them but I'm pretty sure they won't work RFing in the Matrix so I think that is out. :(

So now I'm looking at the True Fit or the True Fit Premier but is the premier worth the extra $100? Of course we want them to be as safe as possible but is the ARB really that much safer? I'm sure this question has been asked but I searched and didn't find the answer. Also do you think it will be worth it since Nadia is already at or just below 30lbs? She has been around the same weight for almost a year now, I think she was 27 or 28 lbs at her 2 year check up. Or would the MyRide be a better option? I'm afraid she would outgrow it by height pretty quickly.

Our BRU and Target don't have either of these so I can't try them out yet. We are hoping to go to Raleigh soon to try seats out though.

ADS

Spam

The MyRide and Blvd offer about the same amount of room height wise, so if she's outgrowing the blvd, I'd look more at the Truefit. Truefits can be installed pretty upright and for the newbie you can have the headrest off for added room, so they would probably work better. I don't know if the ARB is *safer*, but it certainly helps with the buried harness adjuster. If you don't loosen and tighten the harness every time it probably wouldn't bother you on the original truefit.

jess71903

Ambassador
TFP- I have seen them for $220 on CSN baby (I think) and I think Learning Curve is still doing their 25% off thing, which brings them to $220 as well. You use the code LCFRIEND if you register.

abbi_n_nadia

Thank you! I guess the MyRide is out then, I didn't really like the looks of it anyways. I don't usually readjust the harness on the boulevard unless it seems like it needs to be a little tighter or looser so not being able to get to the harness adjuster probably wouldn't bother me too much.

I saw on diaperswappers about the sale at CSN baby, that sounds like a pretty good deal! I did see that albeebaby has the original true fit (cappuccino) on sale for $159 though.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I had the MR and now we have a TFP. I got the TFP from CSN Baby and it arrived earlier than they said it would and it was free shipping. Overall I'm pleased with the TFP. In addition to the ARB, it has a recline mechanism that can be used RF and FF. I still need a noodle to get him reclined enough that he isn't flopping forward, but he's not at a 45* recline either. I'm ok with the 35 pound weight limit. Nicholas is about 20 pounds now at 7 months old. If he hits the wt limit before he's old enough to be turned FF, then I'll purchase a new seat. By then they might have seats that go higher than 40 pounds RF.

Susan

momofmandp

I also love my TFP and if you (or anyone else) are interested, I have a 20% off coupon code, but it expires today. Just PM me if you're interested. :)

medicmama

CPS Technician
I just tried my 3 y/o in the my ride 65 it was nice but no growing room. Then put her in the True Fit and I was surprised at how much more room for growth. She is tiny at 27# and 34 in tall. I have not found a store that has the tf premier yet.

abbi_n_nadia

Thank you all for your thoughts/opinions! We just ordered a regular TF! :) Hopefully it works well in our car but we got the $5 return shipping insurance just in case. I think we will love it though!

JennXRN

Abbi - be sure to reply back and let us know how well it works/installs! I also have a Matrix and will be needing a convertible once my tiny 9 month old outgrows his Keyfit 30 :)

Looking at both the marathon and TF/TFP so appreciate your experience! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC