Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question 04 VW Jetta and 2 RF carseats?

Right now I have a TF RFing in my 04 Jetta on an angle suitable for an infant but if I tilt it anymore forward the harness tightening strap disappears!

I'm also sitting in the back seat behind my husband while he drives because my front seat is pushed ALL the way up and I can't even GET into the car! LOL

I need some advice... does anyone else have 2 RFing seats in this car? At this point I can afford 2 new seats, but not a new car so I really need some help! Also any pics of angles that aren't "level to the ground" would be a great help to me in repositioning the seat if possible (due to the previously mentioned harness strap problem!)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: 04 VW Jetta and 2 RF carseats?

Hi and welcome to c-s.org !

The TF has a continuous harness so what this means is under (where the child’s bum is) both sides of the harness is connected. To gain an understanding of this, with the seat empty (and the harness not done up) take hold of each side of the harness at the hip area... pull up on one side and the harness will tighten on the other side... pull up on the tight side and the first side will tighten. Hope that makes sense . The harness adjuster lever is really hard (if not impossible) to access that is why I would leave it set to the correct tightness and then take advantage of the continuous harness rather than tightening and loosening each time. So once you have set how tight it needs to be simple pull up on one side... put child's arm in, then pull up on the otherside (first side will tighten) to get the child's arm in the other harness. Then even it out bay pulling slack out of which ever side has too much slack. Hope that makes sense.

The TruFit can be installed as upright as 35 degrees for a child with good head control. The TruFit can also touch the front seat but it cannot be braced against the front seat.

There are a number of Canadian technicians on this board if you think you need some one on one help.

Unregistered

Re: 04 VW Jetta and 2 RF carseats?

Thanks canmom!!! I never thought to do that... in fact, I always yell at DH for not "loosening it" before pulling out DH. I'm going to try a 35 degree install and see if that helps our legroom situation.