Baby Jogger City Mini Recall

munchkin

I don't really know where this is supposed to go, so please move if needed.

I know there are a few people on here that have City Minis and haven't read anything about it on here, so just a heads up :).

Baby Jogger City Mini Recall

Baby Jogger has issued a recall on certain City Mini Single and Double strollers. So far they have not received any types of injury reports, but want to keep you, the consumer safe; they are voluntarily recalling these strollers. Baby Jogger is currently working together with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to make this a smooth transition.

Problem: The recall is on the stroller’s buckle. The current buckles have a tendency to release when the stroller is in use.

Strollers Affected: The affected strollers are marked with the item number below and one of the following manufacturing date codes. The item numbers are found on the original box or on a sticker on the rear wheel crossbar. The manufacturing code is on the outside of the original box and is engraved on the frame (on the rear wheel axle crossbar or the upright bar between the right rear wheel and the seat).

Item Numbers: 67100, 67170, 67102, 67172, 67173, 67103, 67104, 67174, 67105, 67175, 67109, 67179

Manufacturing Codes: 2007.11.1 through 2009.2.28 (please note that there is no recall on strollers made after 2/28/2009)

Resolution: If you have one of these strollers, please contact either the store you purchased the stroller or Baby Jogger. They will be able to send you out replacement buckles for your stroller. Please have the model number and manufacturer date ready when you call.

I found this here. And the phone number - 1-800-241-1848 - for Baby Jogger cs.

Mine is affected, I plan on calling sometime this afternoon, but am not real worried.

ADS

autumnlily

Thank you for the info! I'm going to check mine... and then call BJ and order the seat backs to help with slouching too.

I do love my stroller :D

autumnlily

Thank you for the info! I'm going to check mine... and then call BJ and order the seat backs to help with slouching too.

I do love my stroller :D

lovinwaves

oh good. Both of my buckles have been broken for awhile now. :)

For those of you not worried about this, I would still call and get a buckle sent to you as a backup, because it seems to me these buckles were cheaply made plastic. :twocents:

munchkin

For those of you not worried about this, I would still call and get a buckle sent to you as a backup, because it seems to me these buckles were cheaply made plastic. :twocents:

Oh, I just meant I wasn't going to freak out about it. Definitely going to call and get them.

Does anyone know the technical name for the back board? Do I just ask for it and pay? Also does anyone know how much a new set of skins cost and how you go about ordering those? Thanks!

lovinwaves

Once again, BJ reigns in customer service. They are replacing both of my buckles as well as my basket that ripped. I am not paying a dime. :thumbsup:

lovinwaves

Oh, I just meant I wasn't going to freak out about it. Definitely going to call and get them.

Does anyone know the technical name for the back board? Do I just ask for it and pay? Also does anyone know how much a new set of skins cost and how you go about ordering those? Thanks!

sorry, Katie, I didn't mean to direct that at you. I just noticed where you mentioned something about not being worried. :)

What backboard are you referring too? :eek:

munchkin

sorry, Katie, I didn't mean to direct that at you. I just noticed where you mentioned something about not being worried. :)

What backboard are you referring too? :eek:

All good! Whatever one Autumnlilly is referring to :confused:. I have heard others talk about it and supposedly you slip it into the back of the seat and it helps the child sit up straighter/make the seat not so reclined.

munchkin

I finally got around to calling :cool:. They didn't even ask for my numbers, just the DOM.

They are supposedly out of stock of the PE Seat Boards again, and won't be getting more in until the 4th of Sept. I went ahead and order one, because I know I will forget later. It cost me $16.95 :eek:, shipping is expensive. If I had extra money right now, I would have went ahead and gotten another set of skins, so I wouldn't have to pay extra shipping.

In case anyone is wondering, for the CityMini single a new seat skin is $59.75, new canopy fabric is (I hope I am remembering right, but will update tomorrow if not) $25ish or the whole canopy (with the rods and everything) $39ish and $10.95 to ship.

AllieCanada

I called Baby Jogger and since I'm in Canada the lady I spoke too told me to call Brands In Motion since they're the CDN distributor for BJ. At first the man I spoke to wasn't sure what I was talking about and asked where I heard about the recall. I told him I read it on the internet and then he took my information and said that my new buckles would be on their way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC