Complete Air at my BRU

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It was right next to the AOE. It's the same seat, minus the armrests and base. I thought the headrest adjuster tabs were nicer and easier to use than the AOE ones, though. It had the same splitter plate and harness as the Avenue (which is an AOE without the headrest, the front just looks different on the CA/Ave because of the cover wrapping around the front of the seat above the base). The Complete Air headrest pads were super cushy, that's for sure :thumbsup:

I wonder two things: Why no armrests on this seat? And, will other AOE's be recertified to 40lbs RF soon? Though maybe the lack of base has something to do with it being able to pass RF testing at a higher weight, so maybe not.

I'm still kind of tempted to get one for Leah :D

ADS

Mommy0608

I'm glad it doesn't have armrests! They seem to just be in the way anyway, and didn't seem like they'd be of much use.

Have you tried Leah in it yet? Jessica keeps saying she loves the "pillows."

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, *I'm* glad there's no armrests...just wondering what market forces are at work here that they are gone :D
I bet she'd love the pillows...definitely the softest of any seat ever! :)

Spam

I drove to one (I have two about 1 hour away in opposite directions) and they just got it in today. It wasn't on display yet, only on the shelf.. the girl asked if I needed help with carseats and I said I just came to check out the new one, but she didn't get out of the box or anything, just said it's not on display yet :( I wanted to actually see it, touch out, not just look at a box :rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Whoa, that's lame. She must've had zero experience in that department, it's not a major event to open up a new floor model or anything (though I'd gladly exchange her for the stockers that work our morning shift and will randomly open a *second* version of a seat because they didn't notice one's already on the shelf, causing us to have to sell 'open box' seats at a discount....not to mention, the store looks stupid with lots of overflow open seats everywhere, ugh).

newmomapril2008

Can I ask which BRU you went to? I just stopped in at the Lansing one and the worker there said they were getting them in tomorrow morning. That they would be on the floor around noon.

Then the associate said I could only use one coupon, because the manager of the store won't allow them to "stack" coupons. I'm bummed because I just got new 15% off any car seat, and a 15% any one baby item coupons.

I'm debating driving to either Flint or Novi to see if I can use the two coupons.

I drove to one (I have two about 1 hour away in opposite directions) and they just got it in today. It wasn't on display yet, only on the shelf.. the girl asked if I needed help with carseats and I said I just came to check out the new one, but she didn't get out of the box or anything, just said it's not on display yet :( I wanted to actually see it, touch out, not just look at a box :rolleyes:

Spam

I went to South Bend, IN, the only other one near me is Kalamazoo. I've used stacked coupons there before. Could you call the other stores and ask them before driving?

I found it very lame, I guess it was lunch time :rolleyes: there was nobody on the floor at all.

Mommy0608

Can I ask which BRU you went to? I just stopped in at the Lansing one and the worker there said they were getting them in tomorrow morning. That they would be on the floor around noon.

Then the associate said I could only use one coupon, because the manager of the store won't allow them to "stack" coupons. I'm bummed because I just got new 15% off any car seat, and a 15% any one baby item coupons.

I'm debating driving to either Flint or Novi to see if I can use the two coupons.

I used both coupons at the Northville (or is it Novi?) store... the one at 6 Mile and Haggerty. I didn't even know it was an option! I had the same two coupons you mentioned and bought two of the seats... I fully expected to just use one coupon on each of the seats, but when she rang it up, the car seat coupon was deducted from BOTH seats and the one item coupon came off one of them. I don't know if it just automatically did that (perhaps the cashier thought she was doing one coupon per item), or if the cashier knew and allowed it to happen. I ended up paying $180 for one of the seats and $212 for the other.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If they wanted to reprogram their computers to not allow stacking, they could do it in about 12 seconds. I don't know why they don't, but enjoy it (unless the manager is onto it and won't allow it... but most cashiers just scan the coupons you hand them without any critical thinking ;))

Our store has the Harvest ones out now (that's NINE Dorel convertibles in the general 3-in-1 shape on our floor...it's crazy! Britax only has 5, lol)

newmomapril2008

I need to make a drive out to Novi this weekend!

I may call and ask them to hold one of the harvest seats for me. Being able to stack the coupons will make it much easier to convince dh of the need to buy this seat.

I used both coupons at the Northville (or is it Novi?) store... the one at 6 Mile and Haggerty. I didn't even know it was an option! I had the same two coupons you mentioned and bought two of the seats... I fully expected to just use one coupon on each of the seats, but when she rang it up, the car seat coupon was deducted from BOTH seats and the one item coupon came off one of them. I don't know if it just automatically did that (perhaps the cashier thought she was doing one coupon per item), or if the cashier knew and allowed it to happen. I ended up paying $180 for one of the seats and $212 for the other.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If they wanted to reprogram their computers to not allow stacking, they could do it in about 12 seconds. I don't know why they don't, but enjoy it (unless the manager is onto it and won't allow it... but most cashiers just scan the coupons you hand them without any critical thinking ;))

Our store has the Harvest ones out now (that's NINE Dorel convertibles in the general 3-in-1 shape on our floor...it's crazy! Britax only has 5, lol)

That's funny, we have 3 Dorel and 7 Britax convertibles right now on the floor. Counting different patterns of the MA mind you. :p Though the #'s will get closer Sept 1 if everything goes as planned. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC