Honda Odyssey Question

granolamama

The '06 Sienna rating on Informed for Life is for a Sienna without ESC (electronic stability control). If you look at the '07 Sienna scoring, it has a lower (safer) score of 64.7 when equipped with the optional ESC. It's a safety feature worth having and should be standard IMHO, just like it's standard on the Odyssey. ;)

Yes, the electronic stability control is so awesome in the snow! No sliding around when I try to turn, unlike my friend's Chrysler minivan. I have a 2005 Odyssey, and I love the tight and responsive steering on it. Awesome acceleration, too. (I've never driven the Sienna, though.)

-Helen

ADS

lovinwaves

Ok, thanks to all of you giving great help, looks like the Odyssey is going to win! Thanks, everyone! I just wish they had good financing right now... oh well, I guess safety can't be measured in $ sometimes...

:)

tchrgrrl- glad you are okay, wow! Thank goodness you had such safety features!

YAY!!! Congrats on your decision. Let us know when you get it and be sure and send some pix of the carseats installed in it. You will have a little trouble finding a good rear-facing tether point on it,but we can help you out. Once you become an Ody owner you will have to go here.... www.odyclub.com

-Melissa-

Aaron'smommy

The 8th seat in the Sienna is basically a real captain's chair with an integrated shoulder belt and LATCH.

Darren, please help- I just went to a Toyota dealership and sat in a 7pass van. They didn't have any 8pass but they can get one for me no problem. My question is that I looked in the 2nd row and there doesn't seem to be any room for a 3rd captain chair in the middle the space is so tiny!! :eek: Are all 3 chairs just made smaller when you get the 8pass? or is the middle one itsy bitsy? You say it's a real captain's chair just wondering how they get it in there.... thanks!

Aaron'smommy

Wow! That's awesome! I wonder, would you want the seat pushed up a bit closer to the driver like it shows you can do in that demo? Does that seem safe? Thanks for that cool link!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I love that "front and center" feature, and usually have the second row seat in the forward position with DD2 riding there. Added bonus: since DD1 usually rides in the third row center, it creates additional leg room for her. It was the versatility of the 8-passenger seating in the Sienna and the LATCH/tether anchor for the middle seat in the second row that sold me on it over the Odyssey. The Odyssey was a very close second, almost neck and neck for us. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC