Radian stickers-- #@$@(%@&@#$

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am at my wit's end with the stickers on my Radian XT .

My Radian XT is less than two months old but ALL the stickers are hanging on by a thread. They are as brittle as can be. When they baked in the sun, they detached from the seat and dried out. Now they are as brittle as can be. Even brushing against them causes them to break. It is RIDICULOUS.

I contacted SKJP regarding the stickers, but I haven't gotten a response. If I have the same experience that I had regarding getting a manual (which did not come with my seat, by the way), it will take FOREVER to get a response.

Is this an issue that many people have with their Radians? If so, do you just forget about it when your seat doesn't have any stickers? What have you done to solve this issue?

I am NOT okay with my seat being stickerless. But I don't know what to do. I guess I could try taping them back onto the seat, but I am not sure how long that will last.

This is practically a brand new seat! I am NOT happy.:mad:

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'd keep bugging the company and I'd also file a complaint with NHTSA. The stickers are supposed to be permanent and while it doesn't surprise me to see rippling and slight lifting over the life of a seat, with the stickers perhaps becoming illegible after 3 or 4 years, I would not expect a seat that is only 2 mos old to be doing that.

I don't blame you for not wanting a seat without stickers. I feel exactly the same way. If nothing else, it would prevent you from being able to re-sell the seat - and the XT is a pretty expensive seat to not have the option of re-selling should you no longer need it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Lame. My 1/06 RN 65 has perfect labels except for a few 'put belt here' arrows that are worn down, they are all still there and clear. You'd think label technology would be beyond the old Century seats' standards by now, huh? (those flaked right off in the most annoying way, but those seats were cheap, I'd expect WAY more from a Radian).

fyrfightermomma

Maybe it has to do with climate? I've owned 4 Radians and have never had a problem (or with any other seat).

Weird. I guess it doesn't bug me though. I don't need the stickers for any reason (in fact I don't think I've ever even looked at them). I guess if I wanted to sell them maybe it would bug me, but if I'm keeping the seat, not having stickers doesn't bother me.

xxluckychicxx

ALL of the stickers on both of my XTs melted off within the 1st month. It makes me SO mad!

I contacted SK via email and they havent ever responded :thumbsdown:

Pixels

The first Radian I had from December to March. No problem with the stickers.
Second and third Radians I've had since May, I think. No problem with those stickers, either. ETA: I looked at the one in my car today, and where the sun hits them, they're turning clear. It's obviously a sun thing, since it's only on the side where the sun is where I park, and you can see the shadow from the edge of the shell.

Oh, there's a little wear on the put belt here arrows, but no major glue melting, sticker peeling problems.

Last edited:

Nisha

The stickers on my radian with a mfg date 09/08 have gone all goofy looking, not peeling off like yours, but they look transparent... like they got wet or something.

It would bother me too... good luck getting a respons though... I sent an email to them a week and a half ago regarding the rubber feet/grippers on the bottom of mine and a cover issue, and haven't heard anything back :thumbsdown:

Mama!

I had this happen with a Signo that was a few mos old, and finally reported it to Recaro when the seat was 18 mos, after the stickers were finally lost. They said its illegal to have a seat with no stickers and shipped me a new one.

momtoirs

Both of our Graco Nautilus seats are loosing their stickers. Graco told me to read the manual and that they would fax me a letter stating that the seat could be used on plane. I haven't decided what I am going to do yet.

Tina

April

The DOM sticker came completely off my Sept 22/08 Frontier. Thank goodness I paid attention to the date, but I haven't called Britax yet. I wonder what they will do?

Oh and slightly off topic, I have seen Montereys with tags attached with BLANK DOM stickers on them! :confused:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The DOM sticker came completely off my Sept 22/08 Frontier. Thank goodness I paid attention to the date, but I haven't called Britax yet. I wonder what they will do?

Oh and slightly off topic, I have seen Montereys with tags attached with BLANK DOM stickers on them! :confused:

This was a mistake on the part of SK. The distributor was supposed to catch all of these seats and apply the correct DOM to them before they were sold... where did you see these Montereys, and was it recent?

chloebeansmom

The stickers on my radian with a mfg date 09/08 have gone all goofy looking, not peeling off like yours, but they look transparent... like they got wet or something.

Mine are like this as well. And you can see the difference where the sticker is shaded by the lip of the seat. In the shade the sticker is perfect, but where the sun hits, it's transparent, almost greasy looking. Very annoying. I have the same mfg date as your as well. My 18+ month old SS1's stickers are all in perfect shape. A little bubbling but nothing bad.

jodibug

My RN80 is an 11/08 DOM bought in 1/09. My stickers are almost black, like a cash register receipt that has been left in a hot car.

They are barely legible now. Still stuck on though.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Well, I got a response from SKJP. They won't send new stickers.

Here is a small sampling of what my stickers look like.
Releaseleverlabel2copy-1.jpg
Releaseleverlabelcopy.jpg

Warningstickerpeeledupcopy.jpg
labelsdriversdoorsidecopy.jpg

translucentlabel.jpg
tornlabelcopy.jpg

toplabelonsidecopy.jpg
safestoplabelcopy.jpg

safestoplabel2copy.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Both of our Graco Nautilus seats are loosing their stickers. Graco told me to read the manual and that they would fax me a letter stating that the seat could be used on plane. I haven't decided what I am going to do yet.

Tina

This is so weird. My Nautilus stickers are practically pristine. :confused: They are a tiny bit faded, but are in good shape.

Recent seats' stickers:

Scenera- great condition. No issues.
Boulevard- great condition. No issues.
Via- great condition. No issues.
Vivo- I will have to check. I don't even recall stickers on it at all. :eek:
Nautilus- Good condition. No issues.
Radian XT- bad condition. Numerous issues.

Snugride (before I got rid of it)- so-so condition, but it was at the end of its life.
Avenue- (before I got rid of it)- great condition. No issues.
True Fit (before I got rid of it)- great condition. No issues.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My RN80 is an 11/08 DOM bought in 1/09. My stickers are almost black, like a cash register receipt that has been left in a hot car.

They are barely legible now. Still stuck on though.

Mine are like this as well. And you can see the difference where the sticker is shaded by the lip of the seat. In the shade the sticker is perfect, but where the sun hits, it's transparent, almost greasy looking. Very annoying. I have the same mfg date as your as well. My 18+ month old SS1's stickers are all in perfect shape. A little bubbling but nothing bad.

I had this happen with a Signo that was a few mos old, and finally reported it to Recaro when the seat was 18 mos, after the stickers were finally lost. They said its illegal to have a seat with no stickers and shipped me a new one.

It would bother me too... good luck getting a respons though... I sent an email to them a week and a half ago regarding the rubber feet/grippers on the bottom of mine and a cover issue, and haven't heard anything back :thumbsdown:

ALL of the stickers on both of my XTs melted off within the 1st month. It makes me SO mad!

I contacted SK via email and they havent ever responded :thumbsdown:

Thank you for validating that it is not only my seat. I am going to send this post to Russ.

Thanks! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC