• Rear-facing

Votes: 41 91.1%
  • Forward-facing, untethered

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

christineka

Just want to know what the popular "geek" choice would be. (want some support if the geeks are with me or if I should rethink my choice)

Dd is 4.5 years old and 31.5 pounds. So far she rides rfing, though she will turn ffing in the main vehicle soon since ds is gaining weight and needs her seat.

She will be riding with her aunt for a 1 hour ride to Salt Lake City and then another hour back to our home. Aunt is unfamiliar with car seats no matter which way they face. The car is an early '90's Honda Civic with no tether anchors.

The car seat will be a safety first Avenue. I will install the seat.

Would you choose rfing? Or ffing, but not tethered?

ADS
U

Unregistered1

Um yeah. I know how those things crash test. Rear facing. :p RF is also more forgiving of misuse, so sounds like this would be best for someone who isn't familiar with seats.

Your dd still fits RF in the avenue by height? That's pretty impressive!

christineka

Your dd still fits RF in the avenue by height? That's pretty impressive!

I have the amazingly short torsoed children. Dd3 is exceptionally lightweight too. She has probably 5 inches above her head in the avenue.

I could move her radian if I really wanted to fiddle with things, but I was thinking moving the spare seat would be easier and take less time to install.

christineka

Now you're going to wonder why I asked because I did the opposite anyway.

Sil showed up with her dad's car. (She begged so dd wouldn't die of the heat in her car without a/c.) It's a newer accord with latch and locking latchplate belts. I am not good at installing with locking latchplates, so I opted for latch. Rfing the seat didn't seem to fit even with the passenger's seat moved all the way forward plus the middle seat belt was in the way. So, I turned the seat around, installed with latch over the middle seat belt, and anchored it. Dd looked so big in a ffing seat. Her head was higher in the seat.

munchkin

Now you're going to wonder why I asked because I did the opposite anyway.

Sil showed up with her dad's car. (She begged so dd wouldn't die of the heat in her car without a/c.) It's a newer accord with latch and locking latchplate belts. I am not good at installing with locking latchplates, so I opted for latch. Rfing the seat didn't seem to fit even with the passenger's seat moved all the way forward plus the middle seat belt was in the way. So, I turned the seat around, installed with latch over the middle seat belt, and anchored it. Dd looked so big in a ffing seat. Her head was higher in the seat.

I would have probably answered differently with this car because of a top tether.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC