The Summit is as Target!

cookie123

I thought I should stop by and look at the carseats at Target yesterday. I was pretty surprised to see the Summit there. Was on my way to work so couldn't scrutinize it. Does anyone know if it has any changes? The cover looked updated. Though I couldn't even tell you what color it is!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The cover maybe. Honestly it looked just as horrific as it always does to me. :shrug-shoulders:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's a pain in the rear to install in many cars; I've even seen one or two where there was a seatbelt incompatibility and the LATCH install was marginal at best. It's got this base that has to be used, but is removable, so they come in missing parts all the time. It has a harness that is almost always outgrown by height well before weight. It is not a good belt positioning booster on any kid I've ever seen using it as one.

HEVY

I had a Summit, I loved it, as a 5-point harness. Got panicky when came time to use as a booster. But as a 5-point harness is was good, especially for kids that don't sleep in cars, both Rachel and I like upright seats. Yeah, the low harness is an issue but don't most if not all 40lbs harness seats have low harnesses. As for missing parts, there's only two parts to the base, the base and the rod. I used this seat in a 91 Hundai, 94 Tempo, 96 Taurus and Sable and a number of rentals, compacts up to SUVs and never had an install issue.

You can't blame the seat for the parents misuse :shrug-shoulders:

fyrfightermomma

I liked the Summit I had for my foster kids. The harness didn't seem THAT low. Low obviously cause it was a 40 lb seat but comparable or better to most 40 lb seats. I dunno. I liked it and it installed fine and it worked for what I needed it for.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's not as low as, say, the Cosco HBB. But lower than it should be. In some cars it installs okay, but in many it really is atrocious. Something about the shape doesn't always play well with others.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC