All my kids are finally safe!

tracee877

Some of you may remember my many posts about trying to get 3 across. My oldest two were not in seats and I never did find any combination of seats that would work in my car. Well, I finally convinced DH we needed to get a new car. We got a 2004 Explorer with 3rd row. DS1 is in the 3rd row in a High Rise, DD is behind the driver in a Monterey (omg :love: this seat!) and DS2 is behind the passenger RF in his MA. They are all safe now AND no more fighting!:D

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Your son's belt looks just a liiittle bit high. Is that just how he's sitting for the photo? (Your younger son's chest clip is maybe a bit high too. :) )

tracee877

Your son's belt looks just a liiittle bit high. Is that just how he's sitting for the photo? (Your younger son's chest clip is maybe a bit high too. :) )

Yeah all seatbelts fit him that way.:confused: Plus he may be slouching just a tad. DS2's clip probably is too high, I'm always paranoid that its too low.:eek:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Just line up the top of the chest clip at the fold of his armpits and you're golden.

As for your older son, if you feel for his hip bones, does the belt sit over them? If so, it's probably okay (if he sits up straight! ;) ); some kids who are tall and skinny give the illusion of belt being high when it's not. If not you may need to find another booster. Raising his headrest a bit may help him to not slouch.

cookie123

The shoulder belt also looks like it's falling off his shoulder. Not to nitpick, of course, just trying to be helpful!

I'm happy for you. Three across is just annoying in my opinion! I wouldn't want to do it every day.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The shoulder belt also looks like it's falling off his shoulder. Not to nitpick, of course, just trying to be helpful!

I put that down to the slouching, I think it would be better if he was sitting up straight. :) (If not, yeah, need a different position or a different booster.)

tracee877

Well, that 3rd row is completely flat. I mean no grooves at all that a seat would normally "sit" in. So I can probably scoot the seat over some so that the belt fits him better. He is super tall and skinny. He also has mild autism so it's difficult at times to get him to sit up straight and stay that way. I'm wondering if I should get him a Monterey as well. That thing is so roomy!

emandbri

I wish sunshine kids made a backless Monterey. The harmony booster is supposed to be wide it might be a good choice or a combi Dakota. Cosco boosters sit kind of low IMO so sometimes they don't work as well as others. It could also just look high in that picture, maybe try posting one from a side angle. I am excited about your new car and glad you like the Monterey! Your dd looks so happy in it!

cpsaddict

Cool! My mom has an 04 Explorer with the third row and I know exactly what you are talking about on that back seat. It is FLAT. My mom does adore her Explorer though! FWIW, I can get pretty much anything three across in the Explorer!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC