recaro signo problems with seat belt

U

Unregistered

Hello! I installed my recaro signo car seat on the middle,back seat RF.It is for my 16 months old son.I have one problem.The seat doesn't move at all and the seat belt is really tight.The car seat has two clips to block the seat belt.I closed it on one side but couldn't do it on the other -because the seat belt is so tight and close to the clip.Is it ok ( the belt is tight and doesn't move) or I should do something else? here are the pictures.
img5226b.jpg
[/URL][/img]
img5223i.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
img5224v.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
Thank You so much for your help!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't know Recaro's stance on which lockoff(s) if any you have to use, so I'll let someone else chime in on that.

Your seatbelt locks at the latchplate, you you don't need the lockoff to keep the seat tight, but Recaro might require it anyway.

You can twist the buckle stalk (the "female" end that the belt clicks into) up to three full times. That will shorten it significantly, and should give you enough room to close the lockoff.

Also, it looks like the seat might be over-reclined. In any case, you don't need the full 45-degree recline for an older child, and the child would probably prefer being more upright anyway. If you remove the pool noodle, your recline should still be well within the acceptable 30-45-degree range.

JerseyGirl'sMama

As PP said, you have long buckle stalks, so twisting up to three full twists will help bring that down.

I don't know Recaro's stance on which lockoff(s) if any you have to use, so I'll let someone else chime in on that.

Also, it looks like the seat might be over-reclined. In any case, you don't need the full 45-degree recline for an older child, and the child would probably prefer being more upright anyway. If you remove the pool noodle, your recline should still be well within the acceptable 30-45-degree range.

Recaro no longer calls them 'lock-offs' on the original Signo (I am not sure about the G2), but 'belt guides.' Since the seatbelt feeds right through them anyway, I would recommend using them, but they certainly shouldn't be used to lock the seatbelt. It looks like your seatbelt locks at the latchplate, so just use them as belt guides.

In the third pic, it looks like the recline is close to a 45 degree angle, but the second makes it look a bit more reclined than 45 (over reclined.) PP's recommendation for removing the noodle was a great suggestion, it looks like it would leave the seat at closer to a 35 degree angle. My DD is 2 1/2 in a Signo RFing, and she is at a 30 degree angle and is much more comfortable.

Hope that helps! :)

U

Unregistered

Thank you so much for your help-my husband will try to change it tomorrow.About the angle-now we are using like a pyramid that the tech.gave us when he installed the seat for the first time- but it wasn't the middle seat(before the recalled-this is the new seat they send us)) when we tried to install it with one pool noodle the car seat was moving and my child wasn't comfortable because the angle was about 85*(and it was really,really hard to put him in the car seat).now he looks very comfy,he has much more room for his legs and he likes that-should I change it or it can stay like this?...is it dangerous to keep him in the angle like this-it is about 45*???

southpawboston

i measured your angle after rotating the picture to correct for your camera angle (the window of your SUV shows how rotated the picture was), and i got about 40 degrees.

U

Unregistered

thank you soo much for measuring the angle,so 40* is good,right?
you are really helpful and I don't know how to thank you enough.

JerseyGirl'sMama

thank you soo much for measuring the angle,so 40* is good,right?
you are really helpful and I don't know how to thank you enough.

40 is fine, but a 16 month old might be more comfortable a tad more upright (up to 30 degrees is allowed.) :) Were you able to twist the buckle stalk down, and did that solve your problem?

chelsey

It didn't help:( We don't see any difference.So what should we do??is it safe for my baby to be in the car seat or I should definitely change it?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Can you take a picture again, with the belt stalk twisted down? I can't imagine that twisting it didn't solve the problem.

As for whether or not to use it, that depends on whether Recaro requires both lockoffs to be used. If they're just considered "belt guides" like another poster said, then probably not. I don't know the answer to that, though. Is there a section on lockoffs in the manual?

JerseyGirl'sMama

As for whether or not to use it, that depends on whether Recaro requires both lockoffs to be used. If they're just considered "belt guides" like another poster said, then probably not. I don't know the answer to that, though. Is there a section on lockoffs in the manual?

That's the problem. Recaro won't send out an update for the Signo manual, so the manual still states to use the 'lock offs.' But now they say they're just belt guides. :rolleyes:

I agree if OP can take another pic with the stalk twisted down, it would help us try resolve the issue.

singingpond

I may be missing something obvious (and I'm not familiar with the Recaro seats, or their manuals, specifically). However, isn't this a center install, i.e. lap belt only? In that case aren't the lockoffs, or 'guides' on the carseat sort of irrelevant anyway? It's been a while since I installed one of our Britax seats center, but I think of their lockoffs as pre-crash holders of the shoulder belt. I don't see how their use/non-use would matter in a normal lap belt install.

ETA: I know some center positions do have a shoulder belt portion, but I don't see anything like that in the photos...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC