Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Stroller for tiny toddler and new baby.

I am needing ideas for my sister. She is 25 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. She also has an 11 month old, Issabella. Issabella is VERY tiny coming in at right under 17 pounds, she does not walk and is not really able to sit up for long periods of time. She is delayed in gross motor to a corrected age of 5-7 months.

I am looking to buy her a new double stroller for her baby shower. What are good options when both babies may be in an infant seat and/or need good recline? Also is front to back preferable over side to side strollers? Would like to keep the stroller budget friendly (under $200.00 maybe?)

We have a graco snugride, and evenflo discovery in the infant seat realm

Sebree 12 Jade 9
    Torin 9 Nevaeh 7
    Issabella 5 Glorryanna 3
    Pic taken at historical village

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Stroller for tiny toddler and new baby.

I would look at the Kolcraft Contours options. I will take 2 infant seats, though you have to buy the 2nd adapter separately. I runs around $220 but with a coupon from BRU you can get it around $180. The seats turn and move to whatever arrangement you need. She would have the option of using 2 infant seats or 1 infant seat and the older one in the stroller seat whatever suits her at the time.

I just bought one to use for my 2 yr old and newborn who is due very soon. I love it and so does DD.
    Andraya-6 Nathaniel-4 Annalee Grace 18mon

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

CPS Technician

Re: Stroller for tiny toddler and new baby.

I have the Kolcraft Contours double and LOVE it. I recomend it to everyone. I use it for my almost 3 yr old and 2m old. I can lay both seats all the way back. Also there is a bar for the infant seat.
    I have a post floating around somewhere with pics

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf