WWYD, seat quandry

At my work they offer a program to customers called the Bestwestern Reward Program where they earn 10 points for every dollar they spend (pretaxes). You can then use your points for a free night stay or towards gift cards to Walmart, Target other retailers, to restaurants & gas stations. I earn 250 points for every sign up I do once they complete their first stay. Right now I'm a few thousand away from getting a $100 gift card. I want to use the GC for Target to get seats. I'm just trying to figure out if I want the RN 65's or the MR 65's. I know the RNs will last longer w/ that taller shell but money is uber uber tight so obviously saving right now is the bigger need. I'm not in a huge hurry for the seats because their Sceneras are just fine for right now.

Do you think I should hold out as long as possible for the RN 65s or go w/ the MRs that I could get sooner?

ADS

myliljunebugs

Are your kids long and slim or short and chunky? My DD would have made it to 40lbs in the MR, but she is short and chunky. DS would have been better fit to the Radian. So it just kinda depends on that. My opinion is the MyRide is a waste if you have long skinnies, may as well get something like the True Fit over th MR in that situation.

They're pretty ave, towards the short & chunky side. At their 15m WBV they were 22lbs 7oz & 22lbs & 5oz & 30" & 30.25". That's why I'm stuck. They're right on that edge where I think they'll make it to 40lbs RF in the MR but likely not too much longer for FF. Thank goodness they're not like their brother though. 3yo, 43lbs & 41.25". I tried him out in the MR & he has already outgrown it. His shoulders were right at the top slot.

Spam

They would probably last in the MyRide for a while, and it is less expensive. For the price the MyRide is a great seat imo. I bought one for DS is 12.5 months, 32.5" and 29lbs and he has about the same amount of room as he does in his blvd. I like how myride cradles him more than his RN65. Who knows, money may not be as tight in a couple of years and there will be newer, cooler seats out there that you could get for them when they outgrow the MR65.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC