Do they make any 'shower cap' covers for bigger car seats?

Michi

Or even if I was to sew one - would that be safe/okay?

My 2 yr old is constantly complaining that she's cold in the car - and she keeps throwing off her blankets. - I can't spend a fortune, so I was actually thinking of sewing my own, but I was just wondering if that would be okay or not?
(It would be going over a Britax RA)

ADS

RubysGirl

Lemme look around, I think I have one that will work in a swap, but I may have donated it to the thrift store already.. They're pretty easy to make anyways, just fleece and elastic.

skipspin

I'm making one before March for our Wizard. I wish I would have had thought of it for DD. Blankets don't stay on well in the Jeep.

Someone (Julie?) has one that fits on a Safeseat. It *might* fit on a RA??? The Safeseat is pretty tall.

lovinwaves

I have never seen one before, but I wouldn't think it would be a big dealt to make. The hardest part would probably be making the cut out hole, and positioning it just right. Good luck, let us know if you make one!!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
The one I have fits on the SS1, and the RA. The ONLY problem with using it with an older child, they can kick it off. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I have this one in navy w/the teddy bear pull.

Yoshi

Just curious, because I've been thinking the same thing about something better than a blanket- but how would you accommodate the older child's dangling legs? As in a 3.5 yr old's big old legs with boots on them?:p

LEAW

Make it bigger... just BIG. :)

I think if you get fleece and start at the top of the seat (pin it to the cover to set it all up... ) and when you get to the feet, make a pouch that hangs lower than the seat for legs to tuck into (uhm.... catbirdbaby has mei tai covers like this for bigger babies!) and just sew 1" around the edges for the elastic - then put toddler in the seat and pop it over them (with no hole!) and find the spot where their nose is, mark it and cut a hole or slit or flap for them to see out - no need to sew, fleece won't ravel.

skipspin

I think I am going to make mine to attach to the seat, but not go over the top and have a hole. I don't think I could make the hole work for an infant through toddler AND the headwings in the WZ. So, mine will be more of a half-bundle-me and half-attached-blanket. It doesn't get that cold here, so I will just make a matching hat or two. I'm planning on doing it in January, so I'll post pics.

LuvBug

on a seat like the scenera you could make a half cover and have the top corners with clips and clip it to where the latch holders or OHS are suppose to be, lol!
I hadnt thought about this but maybe a blanket that looped through the elastic loops on the husky would work. DS wads his up and then cant figure out how to make it right and just throws it in the floor.

Lara

If you sew Joanns has patterns for them (you would probably have to just increase the size of it) :) I saw them when I was looking for a shopping cart cover pattern.

LuvBug

so pretty much it looks like a fleece blanket, sculpted, that they have velcro on and send you sticky velcro tabs to stick on your carseat?
I wish they had more pictures.

Michi

Well...that's kind of what I want! ( except the price - lol!) ;)
I do want it to 'hang down' over her feet (sort of like a sleeping bag) so she can't just kick it right off.
I do sew, and I was thinking of just making a BIG circle with elastic, cutting a small circle for the face and then adding a zipper.
If I can get the fleece on sale (solid colors are about $4.99/yd.) I figure I can probably make one for under $15.
Finding the TIME to sew is the hard part! :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC