Safety 1st Complete Air McKenna Pics

snack

DD1's stats: 22mths, 25ish lbs, 34" tall, 12.5" torso height, 19 1/4" seated height

She was a bit wiggly for both the measurements and the pics..:rolleyes:

head room (all you can see of her head are her curly puffs)
DSC01755.jpg

leg room
DSC01751.jpg

head room
DSC01749.jpg

2nd slots
DSC01750-1.jpg

install pic
DSC01752.jpg

install of 2nd seat
DSC01767.jpg

My overall impressions:

When I sat DD1 in the seat in the house, the seconds slots looked like the best fit but once installed they seemed to be over her shoulders. So I moved the the harness slots down. Unlike other seats we've owned, I feel like I'm able to judge the harness slot heights very easily because they aren't covered with padding.

She has a huge amount of shell above her head and great leg room.

There's more leg room for the front passenger with this seat than with our True Fits and BLVD.

Although the seat is relatively narrow, I could not get them SBS. So no 3 across possibilities for us :( The vehicle is a 2000 Galant.

Questions:

Does the install look okay? Reclined enough?
Do you agree the 1st slots are a better fit for her?
I also included pics of the install of DD2's seat but no pics of her. She's sleeping. How does that install look?

Last edited:
ADS

snack

nice. I'd say you could put it significantly more upright for a child that old, if you wanted...

The seat of the driver's side looks a bit more upright to me. I'm going to sit DD1 behind the driver and DD2 on the passenger side and see if they have any slumping issues while napping. Thanks!

Erica, thanks so much. I think she knows it too. She always wants to take a "picta."

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
To post the pic:

When you look at it, in you pb, there are 4 links under it. Copy and paste the last link into your post. Wallah!

loufrando

Your daughter is super cute! What a smile! It looks in the picture like the 2nd slots are coming out right at her shoulders, is that true in real life? If it is, I personally would put her at those 2nd slots. It's 'at or below' for rfing and that slot looks to be right at. :)

snack

Your daughter is super cute! What a smile! It looks in the picture like the 2nd slots are coming out right at her shoulders, is that true in real life? If it is, I personally would put her at those 2nd slots. It's 'at or below' for rfing and that slot looks to be right at. :)

Thanks! I think the slots are AT her shoulders.. if not a smidge above. I'm going to try her out in the seat again when she wakes up from her nap.

I agree in the pics the seat looks very reclined but the "level with the ground" line is far from level. :shrug-shoulders:

Evolily

the "level line" is one of those things that can be inaccurate, and with a child that size can really be disregarded. The seat can be installed VERY upright for an older child, here's a link to a blog showing it installed more upright http://carseatblog.com/?p=3332 . As upright as 30 degrees, I believe.

snack

I definitely wasn't aiming for the line to be level with the ground. She's certainly not a newborn. :) I used the line more as a reference point since I don't know how to measure the exact angle. I said to myself, "The line's pretty far from level. So that should be ok." Both girls sleep in the car a lot and with her BLVD installed upright her head slumps which isn't a safety issue.. but it sure doesn't look comfortable. That said, I think she could definitely be more upright and I may go out to play with it while the girls are at Gma's. This was my first install and I was happy to get it in as tightly as I did. Thanks for the tips ladies!:thumbsup:

ETA: A more upright installation may eat into the leg room, yes? Gonna go play now..

SavsMom

Great...now I want one...especially after seeing pics.

How was it to install? Fairly easy? Also can you share outboard latch connectors with this seat?

snack

The install was super easy. I sat in the seats while tightening the belt. Not sure about LATCH installation at all as my car doesn't have LATCH. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :(

ShyDaisi

I posted this question in the other thread you posted in, then found you had your own Complete Air thread! Where did you purchase your seats? (You mentioned in the other thread that you snagged them for 190 each including tax...)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC