My Target STEAL tonight!! **edited to add pics**

mom2juliarose

OK so back when there was stuff marked down at 15% off a few weeks ago, I spotted this Maclaren Triumph. I figured it was an internet return because our store has never carried the Triumph, only the Volo. It was regularly $159.99 but was tagged at $104.98. I took it in my cart and carried it around as I pondered. The picture on the outside made it look like it was brown/red/white. But then I read the description and it said, "Coffee Brown/Raining Pink Bubbles." I also noticed that it had a 2008 date stamped on the outside. Huh. I decided not to get it, though, because I couldn't pay the price.

Saw it a week later still sitting there and scanned it, still $104.98.

So tonight I'm there and we go by an endcap where there's usually furniture, and it's FILLED with baby clearance. There were about 10 Nautiluses (Nautili?) marked down to $99 or something, a Maxi-Cosi Priori, some Evenflo travel systems, and a few Pack and Plays... and lo and behold in the middle of it all is the Triumph.

I grab it and the tag is still the same, but something inside me says, "Go scan it." So I do.

ETA: Okay, so I had to open it. Definitely more pink than shown on the box. I STILL can't find an image of it online but according to Maclaren's website it was a Target exclusive.

I think I'll be keeping it for now, and if we have a boy I can opt to sell it then, since it won't be used a whole ton before then.

P7251066.jpg

P7251064.jpg

:eek::eek: $34.98!!!!! :eek::eek:

I couldn't believe my eyes! Wondering if the discount was on ALL the clearance items, I also scanned a PnP and a Nautilus but those were the same price as tagged.

So now there is a brand-new unopened Maclaren Quest in my living room and I am debating if I should keep it or sell it on Craigslist. DD is almost 5 and 40 pounds, but we go to Disneyland once a month or so and our old stroller is REALLY REALLY done with so it would be nice to use. And EVENTUALLY we'll have another kid (within the next year). If it's a boy, maybe the pink on it won't be so noticeable?? I haven't even opened it yet to see what it looks like! But I've googled it (tonight and when I first spotted it) and can't find pics of it ANYWHERE.

Would you keep it or sell it?

Last edited:
ADS

hsjwmom

Re: My Target STEAL tonight!!

Without a doubt, KEEP IT!! You will adore it. I can push my 55lb 7yo in my Quest one handed, it is so smooth!

zactayaus

Keep it for now and then sell it in a couple of years and still get more for it then what you paid.

I am so going to every target in my area this week!

rochelle

Congrats. and keep it.

There Targets in my area dont have any maclarens so no chance I could get one on clearance. At that price I would grab two to replace my exisiting single strollers.

Auntie2Avi

Keep it and I am so jealous!! I would love to have a Maclaren (don't need one at the moment) but I have never seen one on clearance at any Target in my area. I guess I know what I am doing this week.

indigoblossom

that is the most gorgeous triumph i've ever seen! keep it!

and i love my target for online return markdowns. there's one in town that doesn't mark down online returns very well but the one closest to my house immediately marks them down 50% and then more every two weeks or so.

i once scored a moby wrap for $10, $200 wooden fire truck toddler for $44, and saw a mini arms reach co-sleeper for $22 (i still regret not getting it to at least sell, since at the time my toddler was already too big and baby #3 didn't seem like a possiblity). anyway good score!!!

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
oh yes keep it keep it!!! congrats on the awesome deal! ....and if you need a boy stroller later you could just buy new "clothes" for it...probably for more than you paid for the stroller...but anyway... YAY! enjoy :D

drlynne

WOW that is too cool. I think you should send it to me?? j/k, keep if for sure you can put a 5 yr old in it no problem I would.
Man I went to my Target yesterday and nothing on clearance nothing! All the new seats were out though.

keep it!!! My target clearance sucks.. and people are too impatient. I saw a nauti down to 144 the other day. I left it. checked today and it is gone. it's not that great of a deal people! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC