If "your" BRU has the Complete Air...

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
is it a "big" BRU? I know a lot of times there are different tiers of stores - for example, the BRU about an hour away has baby jogger and Quinny, whereas the one about 20 min away has... nothing special at all. The farther away one got the MR65 about a week or so earlier, too.

So, the people who have gone and gotten their Complete Airs, are they only in the really big stores, that have the 'higher up' product? I have a 15% off coupon at BRU that expires on the 30th, and I really can only get the seat if I have a coupon.

Oh, and calling the stores give me know answers - they never seem to know what's going on (with the MR65, they had no idea what it was, they weren't getting it... and then it was on the shelf 2 days later). Right now I'm just calling every day and hoping for the best. I don't have it pre-odered because I'm not 100% sure what store will get it first (plus there's a 3rd store in my area that I've never been to that's in the mix).

TIA!

ADS

Madeline410

I'm not sure if mine is "big" or not. It LOOKS big lol. I don't think I've been to any other BRUs so I can't compare. We got the MR and CA early on.

::er!ca::

Our BRU is a *small* (very small) BRU. Infact, it isn't even it's own store. It's connected to our TRY and our TRU is about twice the size of the BRU side. I called the day that Maddie posted she got her seat, and our store had just gotten 4 in that morning. They weren't out of the boxes and on display yet, but the lady said she did just get them in (the Harvest ones).

Our store doesn't really have any "higher end" stuff. They do sell 2 Britax seats (Marathon & Boulevard... though only 2 covers for the MA and 1 for the BLVD). They don't have higher end strollers like the Quinny or Baby Jogger. They don't even have the Graco Quattro Tour Duo (though they do have a few of the single Quattro Tour strollers).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not sure if 'high end' and 'low end' are always the same as 'big' and 'small'...we have a 'low end' store and definitely get different quality of seats from the high end stores (they have pegs and bugs, we get 40lb safety first all in ones that are 'brand new!' seats :thumbsdown:)...but I wouldn't be surprised if our trucks last wed or fri brought CA's and no one knows if they made it to the floor. Only the baby gear supervisor or a manager would be able to tell you, any of the other folks wouldn't have a clue (because the search engine on our computer is STUPID, you can't find ANYTHING on it with the search terms that would make sense :mad: It might well be called the 'Safet 1s Comp Air' and obviously no one would put in that term, kwim? So they'd never find it unless they go to the back or the section to find it). It also might have something to do with your location...if you are far from the distribution center or Dorel or whatever, it could take a few more days.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, I'm going first thing in the morning to check my small low end store and find out if we have them (and suffer the taunts of my coworkers because they know darn well I don't need another seat :rolleyes::love:) I'll report in then :)

Mine has a big display board up talking about the complete air and about ERF! :thumbsup: They have a pre-order card(20.00 deposit). They expect it the first week of August. They said they are hyped about the seat because it is orange :rolleyes:

BabyKaykes

The BRU I regularly shop at is a 'top 10' store (i only know it is because i used to work there). They usually have stuff early, in big quantities and lots of patterns. They also have seats that I usually don't see in the BRU that's closer to my house, which is just as big, but with less seats (and clothes and furniture).

snack

There are 2 Babies R Us stores "close to me." One is just 5 minutes away. That store has never heard of the Complete Air and is actually a large Toys R Us which recently sacrificed some of its space for the addition of a Babies R Us. They have never heard of the Complete Air and do not have the preorder display on the floor. This store is located in a lower to middle class neighborhood.

The other Babies R Us is about 20 minutes away and this is the store I frequent (mostly because there is a Buy Buy Baby just across the street and it's easier to go from store to store if one doesn't have what I'm looking for).
It is located in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in lower Westchester County, NY. It also a dedicated Babies R Us with a Kiddie Kandids Studio. This store does have the display out and did receive the CAs either yesterday or the day before.

I preordered my seats last week sometime and called yesterday to see if they'd gotten in early. When I arrived (just 20 minutes after opening) the seats were not on display and no one knew how to proceed with the sale of the seats using the preorder forms. Apparently because the preorder forms state that the seats aren't expected in stock until August 1st, the bar code on the preorder ?tickets? was not recognized by the system. The Assistant Manager spent a decent amount of time researching the Intranet on how to ring the sale and came to the conclusion that she could not sell the seats until the 1st because "they weren't even supposed to be in the store." I informed her that a "friend of mine" had been able to pick up her seats 2 days before at a Babies R Us and so there shouldn't be an issue. :eek:

She ended up figuring out how to sell them but could not use the preorder tickets. She had to manually override the retail price down to $229 to reflect the $20 I'd spent on the preorder. It was quite the ordeal but all's well that ends well. Right?

jujumum

I don't know whether the size or type of BRU matters, but it's location in relation to the Dorel distributor or BRU warehouse likely matters. I live in South Florida, and my 2 BRUs (one in an exclusive area, and one in a older urban area) got them in at the same time, but later than most of the other folks here around the US. I figure it has to do with us being so far south and on a peninsula.

Neither of my BRUs have the CA yet, but both have a large display up with pre-order coupons.:)

starbuck8088

Our BRU is the only one I've ever been to, so I can't really compare on size, but I'd say it's lower-end. We have a I think, 3 Britax seats, but mostly it's Graco's, Evenflo's, and quite a few AOE's/3 in 1's. Really no high end strollers.

DH and I took a trip today to see if they happened to have the Complete Air, and they did. They also had the My Ride very shortly after it came out.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Well, I called yesterday and the farther away one has the Air as of yesterday! So I'm leaving in a few minutes (with both kids :thumbsdown:) to go pick it up! I'll probably update tomorrow, since by the time I go and get it and get home, I'll have to leave for work at 1:00.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC