Regent Debate

WWYD?

• Keep it for DD2, she looks comfy.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Sell it, it is too much for DD2.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Keep it for random kids that won't fit the XT (never know)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • other

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

AtTheSouthDam

Theoretically the Oobr will actually be out next month and since I put one on order I have been debating about what to do with the Regent. DD1 has maybe a 1/4" until she is even with the top slots. She is doing great with the boostering, sitting properly, not leaning over to get stuff, etc. She hasn't sat in the Regent since the 4th when she chose it simply because it is more comfortable than the TB and we had a long drive. When the Oobr arrives the Regent's days with DD1 are most likely over.

So, what do I do with it? Her is a pic of DD2 in it. At only 29 lbs she has at least another year before she is FF. Right now she is a hair above the bottom most slots. Is it over kill for her? She will probably fit in the TF until she is 6y.
CiaraRegent.jpg

Disclaimer: This is not installed correctly. The shoulder belt should go over the top of the seat. I did a quick install for child fit and this child still rides RF in a TF, anyway :)

Keeping it as a back (DD2) for other people's car won't work as no one else has tether anchors, at least no one we ride with regularly, and she has the RNXT for back up.

I am leaning towards selling it. It will be a year old next month (long, which seat will work story and she wasn't supposed to grow that fast.)

Last edited:
ADS

Splash

Is that how you have is installed? I've never seen the belt wrap like that.
I'd sell it. It's overkill.

AtTheSouthDam

Is that how you have is installed? I've never seen the belt wrap like that.
I'd sell it. It's overkill.

LBP with seat belt. Appropriate for under 40lbs right? She'll be nearly six when she hits 40 lbs so that is how it would be for 2 years :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
She was talking about the shoulder part of the belt...usually it goes straight up the inside of the seat, but it looks like yours lies differently because your vehicle seat is off-center from the belt.

It's way overkill, IMO. I bought one for DD1 at about that size, and she slid so far forward in it that I sold it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I love the Regent! But, you never know what may come out later, that will also work just as good! So, sell it if you want.

myliljunebugs

Yes, it is LBP, but the shoulder belt is supposed to rout up toward the top of the seat, like this
IMG_2046.jpg
:) I would sell it personally :)

April

I wouldn't sell it,but I'm a bit of a seat hoarder.

Splash were you referring to how the shoulder belt sits installed LBP like that? I think its just because the shoulder belt comes out of the ceiling so far back. I have mine installed with the belts under the cover LBP, but its in a captains chair and the belt doesn't come out at the retractor so far behind the seat.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Page 16 of the current Regent manual indicates that the seat belt should be routed toward the top of the seat. OP, can you get a tight install if you route the belt toward the top of the Regent, as illustrated on page 16 of the manual?

Mama Jo

If it was me, I'd probably keep it. ((Says the mom who owns 5 seats per child :whistle:))

Sure, it may be overkill, but you must like it or you wouldn't be considering keeping it. That said, it does look like it's going to swallow your DD alive. :p

AtTheSouthDam

It's a freestar and it wouldn't stay routed like that, but thank you for letting me know it needs to follow up and over :D I just put it in quick to get a realistic look at to how she fit installed (and I can't find the manual at the moment). I would LATCH for that seat LBP since it so much easier and my van holds 48# with LATCH.

I love the seat for how comfy it is. It really looks like sitting in a Lay-z-boy. But it is a PAIN to install SBP in my van and it is post advisory so I have to after 40# :(

emandbri

I'd sell it. I'm just not a fan of it unless someone has a truely huge kid who needs it. It would depend on the vehicle but I had problems where I couldn't see a car in my blind spot. After almost getting into a wreck because of the seat I sold it and put Daniel in a booster. I didn't see the point of keeping him in a harness if the seat itself is going to cause a wreck.

scatterbunny

Emily, how strange. IME, the Regent sticks up much less and blocks less of my view than most boosters. In every vehicle I've ever used a Regent in, the top of the Regent seat shell barely sticks up over the top of the vehicle seat, or not at all. Boosters, OTOH, stick up much taller (at least if we're talking about kiddos who are near to outgrowing the Regent).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC