short legs

Simplysomething

I took some pics of my 20 month old in his carseat. I swear his legs don't look that much longer than they did in August (the last time I took pics of him in his carseat. lol).

Any other short legged children?

Maybe I'm just imagining things.

What do you think?

ADS

skipspin

My DD. She is 3.5 and about average height (35"?). (Athough all her friend's are at east an inch taller, even her friend's little bother who is 30 months LOL)She wears size 4 shirts and is right between 2t and 3t pants. Almost all of her 3ts need rolled up, but the 2ts are starting to get a little short, but she could wear them with hi-tops or boots for sure. She is growing, but her legs just haven't yet. If she wears smaller shirts her tummy sticks out- a lot!

I'm sure some day her legs will get longer and I will have to buy her new pants, but for now we just buy lots of shirts to cover her little tummy!

lovinwaves

Camden has really short legs, and a longer torso. He is just like his daddy. When he was born I knew immediately he had daddies odd body shape. LOL!
He is wearing size 12mths pants and size 18mth shirts.

Yoshi

My daughter's legs JUST started growing overnight! She is 3.5 and wears 4T pants and size 5 shirts. Her PJ's from last year used to have to be rolled up in a cuff (double roll-up), now they fit great! I'm glad her legs are growing and not her torso!!!!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Both of my DDs wear a larger shirt than pants size by at least one size and sometimes more. My oldest seems to be sprouting more leg growth finally at almost age 5, but her torso had such a head start, they may never even out, lol. Both were noticeably long in the torso at birth, with a nurse even commenting on my younger DD's long torso while I was still giving birth to her, lol.

Shaunam

DS has short legs. I know, he's not quite 2 and most kids this age are still long-torsoed/short-legged in proportion, but this kid is WAY short-legged. Size 4T shirts and 2T pants...which are still a bit long. I bought him 3T pants fot this winter and I have to roll them up. His last growth spurt was partly in his torso and partly in his legs, so I'm crossing my fingers that this growth spurt (he's been eating tons for the past 4 days) is mostly legs. He's *really* going to look funny if his torso keeps growing and his legs don't. :p

Simplysomething

The thing about the legs, is I know he's taller than he was in august, but I haven't had to move up the harness on the carseat. Granted he's rear-facing, so it's not the same, but still. I KNOW he's taller, his 12 months pants are too short, 18 monthss are getting there too. I don't know where he's growing. Maybe his head is getting bigger. lol He doesn't go back for a check up until March though.

I do know that he's still under 25 lbs. (He was 24 lbs 14 oz at the appointment with ear infection/pneumonia).

Bah.

Kids are weird. lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC