What are the chances of the Radian going on sale at Canadian Tire?

BudgieStew

I know it just came out this fall and until recently didn't give it a second glance. Maybe because it was being sold at Canadian Tire and their seat selection normally doesn't deserve a second glance.

But the click glick(what ever its called) backless booster that they started to sell this fall was on sale last week 20.00 off.

So it got me wondering if the Radian would go on sale anytime this holiday season. I do have about 20.00 in Canadian Tire money saved up as well.:p It would rock to get it on sale in addition.

Nothing better then a good seat at a low price.

Last edited:
ADS

super_grape

I've been wondering about this too...I don't need one but one of my
good friends will when her not quite 2 year old outgrows the ComfortSport:rolleyes: .
Anyway, every time we get the flyers I check the CTF first, lol.

Holly

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I would guess NO. I am not sure why, but I don't think it will come on sale. I have seen that Magna clek on sale quite often and it is new so maybe I will be wrong!

I have been watching for it as well and have CT money saved up. When they do have sales on car seats they can be good sales. So I hope the Radian DOES come on sale and I hope it is a great price!

Remember this is just a guess!

If someone does see it on sale, it would be nice if it got posted!

cantech

My guess is yes! Maybe I'm hoplessly optimistic but more and more of the stores seem to be reporting stock in store so perhaps they're just waiting to have inventory levels up. Who knows for sure...but I still check the flyers even though I got mine already.

Belinda

babychild taxi

Hi,

I've been wondering the same thing. I recently convinced my best friend in Ont. to buy one for her 15 month old baby who only weighs 20lbs. I said baby needs to be rear facing, preferably until 30lbs, even though their car is small (Echo, like me) and 2 other kids in boosters. At least I know "Auntie's baby" is in the safest car seat!

I don't really need one, but would like one for the kids I visit/help out/drive on the weekends.

So, if it goes on sale it would be great!

BudgieStew

Seems like we are all champing at the bit when the CT flyer comes out every week.:)

I swear I called/e-mailed every store in Canadian that was selling the Radian hoping that one of them had the blue covered one for sale at 199.00 alas only the grey every seems to be at that great price. :rolleyes:

If anyone ever needs a list of where they are sold in Canada besides CT(but at a higher price usually)PM me.

beeman

Canadian Tire is always funny with their sales. If I remember right this last spring and late winter they seemed to have a page dedicated to car seat sales every week practically. They might go through that phase again hopefully. As for the blue one, if its the most popular, it won't go on sale until they have sold as many as they can at full price.

BudgieStew

Canadian Tire is always funny with their sales. If I remember right this last spring and late winter they seemed to have a page dedicated to car seat sales every week practically. They might go through that phase again hopefully. As for the blue one, if its the most popular, it won't go on sale until they have sold as many as they can at full price.

CT does not sell the blue one or any other color option besides Grey.
Only boutique's seem to sell the other color selections at a higher mark-up.

BudgieStew

Spring...I don't think I can wait that long DS is an inch in torso height from outgrowing the E/B 3-1 so he may or may not need it before then. Although I would prefer that we buy it sooner rather then later.

But here is hoping anyway....as I could buy a second one then if we end up needing a second car seat for him.

My IL's took both kids (33 months and 11 months old) on Friday for the first time ever and DH and I went to CT and I played with the Radian;) There is always one on display but I never see any boxes on the shelfs unlike the other carseat they have for sale. Hmmm

smurf

An inch in torso height before spring means 2-3 inches total height, maybe more... depends on the child, really. DD at 3 is all legs and her torso is almost the same height as her brother, age 2, but she's 4 inches taller overall.
They're both at the second slot from the top in the Radian.

Somehow because the Radian is a new seat on the Canadian market I don't think it'll go on sale anytime soon. But, hey, what do I know about retail sales? FWIW I think $199 is a fair price compared to US prices and compared to a Britax Marathon at $300.

I *love* my Radians and think they're worth every penny, BTW!

BudgieStew

Well DS seems to be shooting up in torso height..not so much in the legs.

We will end up getting it in the next month anyway as I am sick of having to untwist his current seats straps everyday and in general am just sick of the seat.

Yes the Radian is a bargain compared to the MA but I just know our luck would b to buy something at full price and next week it goes on sale.:rolleyes:

Happened this past week with not one but three different items with a savings of over 100.00. I hate throwing away my money.

smurf

Hmmmm, how 'bout collecting all the CT money you can find?

I'd wait until his current seat no longer fits or the Radian going on sale, whichever comes first. I'm sure you won't regret your purchase. I wish I'd gotten mine sooner because it's a much better seat, quality-wise, than what I had before (Cosco).

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC