Rental Car with 3 back seat LATCH lower anchors

Yoshi

Just thought I'd pass this info on- DH had to rent a car while his is being repaired for a few days and he got this Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr (sorry, year unknown, but looks like maybe an '04?) and it has 3 Bonafide backseat lower anchors. 6 little symbols across the backseat! I don't personally like the car, but a great feature that more cars should have. We never installed our infant carrier base in the center of our car because of the long belt stalks, so we had to put her outboard from day 1.

ADS

skipspin

Yeah, there are some out there- especaily from GM it seems. I was at the Saturn Dealer waiting on Satuday and the Ion2 (4door) has three sets, but you can only use two at a time the way they are configured. I actually think it *could* cause mis-use although I could tell by looking through the window, so at least any tech should catch it right off. I'm sure it's because the back seat isn't wide enough to have three seats of correclty spaced anchors. At least they give the option of outboard AND middle or tow outboard.The new Saturn Aura has three full sets of LATCH that could be used at the same time, so that's great. The new VUE's still have them as well. (My 03 does.)

So, there are some out there!

lovinwaves

The Honda Ridgeline Truck also has 3 sets of anchors. I swear just by looking in that backseat you could easily fit 3 Marathons across.

Yoshi

It's actually a 2006 model. Hah- GM cars always look "outdated" to me even when they are brand new, LOL! Can you tell I'm a Toyota/Nissan/Subaru gal?;)

Well, just for fun, I installed the Decathlon FF using LATCH and tether in the center - and even though it was tight, it wasn't AS tight as I like it. I think the seats are "firmer" than my leather seats and don't compress as much. DD kept saying, "I want to go in our car- let's go home!" Butyou could have put two narrower seats next to the DC on either side- definately ok as per the manual to use all 3 at once. There were 6 anchors.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
We have an Dodge Intrepid, '04 (i'm pretty sure)... And it have three latch also, it's got the little symbols in all the spots too. I am going to have to start driving that car some time, gas is getting pricey in my land rover! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC