Combi Connection versus Combi Centre

Splash

Does anyone know the overall size (specifically front to back) difference of these seats? I cannot get the specs for the Connection on their website.
Friends of mine are buying a Combi double, and it requires the Connection. I can get a Centre into their car (2003 or 2004 Forester) but not much room to spare. If the connection is more than a hair bigger, it's not going to work. I can't find anywhere local that sells the Connection to try out though.
They will have a newborn and 19 month old, so they are definitely wanting the portability and convenience of the infant seat.

Does anyone have the Connection? What is your take on it?

Also, any other side by side doubles that will take an infant seat? I think the PP Aria double will, but I really dislike the PP infant seat, and it's out of their price range anyway.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So...front to back of the Connection? (My Centre is already gone to a new home, I couldn't stand the puzzle buckle :p )...lemme go see what I can find (the handle MUST be up, so that makes it a great choice for a tight spot!)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's tough to get a measurement, but I know it's not any bigger than the Centre, and it fits with loads of room to spare in my Escape.... I get about 26 inches from the end of the foot to the top of the back, on the base.

Splash

Thanks Julie! I knew you had a Centre, didn't know you had both.
Since it is narrow and has a serpentine path, I might be able to get it in the center (next to FF Roundabout) which would leave more front to back room.
The Britax Companion fit as well, as did a SR2, but not the SS1. Also a Decathlon fit with *slighty* more upright than 45 (maybe 50) and braced against the front seat. So... I think the Connection will fit okay.
Is the manaul really as bad as the reviews say it is? Will I figure it out?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
nah, the manual's not that bad. you just have to approach this seat like you've never seen an infant base or any other seatbelt path before...it's SO different (serpentine...good way to put it) that you'll go nuts if you have any preconceived notions...so have a little moment of zen before you try the install.

:)

Splash

I am very excited about the belt path actually. It's so hard to install a seat in the center of their car, and this might make it possible. Obviously it would be better for the FF child to be in the center, but that's not possible, so one of them might as well be!
Although a website they were looking at says the centre will fit in the twin savvy, even though Combi themselves say it won't. I guess a BRU trip is in my future. Oh, what tragedy. ;)
Did you like the Connection or Centre better? Not that you really have an opportunity to use any of them with all the infant seats you have. Can children get car seat confusion? I am sure Leah has a very bad case!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I would have liked the Centre a lot better if it had a regular buckle. And I'd like the Connection a lot better if it didn't have sewing on the harness straps that makes them pretty hard to adjust (you just have to always reach around the back and pull the slack out from the back, then tighten the adjuster strap, is the trick). They are both light, the Centre had a better base (built in locking clip!).

If they could just meld the two seats into one, they'd be great. Doesn't the combi-intl.com site say which strollers work with which seats? The connection mechanisms of the two are vastly different, though I'm sure the Centre can be crammed into a stroller just fine.

Oh, the Connection is LIGHT, I love that. Be sure to not lose that little square of 'egg shock foam' because it goes in the infant pillow, then it gets moved to the cover, and it's required (um... maybe that was poor planning on combi's part? just be sure it always gets used :) )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC