Just realized

Lys

Senior Community Member
Yesterday,I realized Ian has less than a year that he is required to be in a seat! :eek:

Here in NC, 8 years/80lbs is the law. However, He will most certainly be in a booster for a LONG time ( He's only 53lbs now).
And, with him being my last baby, I won't be buying anymore seats anytime soon! :crying:

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

DD1 will being moving into a booster soon when come October she will no longer be required to sit any seat by CO law :( And yeah, she had better sit in that booster for a while! Until DD2 is ready anyway ;)

Qarin

My older DD will be 8 years old in November- no longer required to be in a seat in the state of Washington.

She's 46" tall, 43lbs (or so, haven't weighed her lately)... can you imagine? I can't imagine.

Surprisingly, she has a friend who turned 8 in April who is more than a head taller than she is (that part isn't really surprising, but the point is that this girl is at the other end of the growth chart)... I was sort of expecting I'd see the backless booster disappear from their van soon after, but not only does she still use the booster, but her mom has made a real point (since I mentioned it) to make sure she sits in one of the positions in their (older Toyota) van that has a headrest!

tiggercat

Greg is no longer required by law either. He's 8 yrs, ~75lbs, and 54in (if the sign at TRU was hanging at the right height LOL). He still absolutely needs one, though he is getting close in MIL's protoge (we have an adequate head support for backless, but too tall for the HB TB issue there).

hey, at least your states require up to age 8 - here in CA my 7.5YO DD's could have been legally riding without boosters for the past year and a half, and I get :mad: when I think of how many of their classmates already ditched their boosters. Fortunately they're both fairly carseat-geeky so they don't complain about being boostered (although my aspie girl sometimes voices worries like "what if I never reach 80 lbs, will I always have to use a booster?")

christineka

When we moved here dd was one day past age 5 and was legal with no seat. She had just made it to 40 pounds and likely had a 14- 14.5 inch torso. After she turned 8 the law changed. She's now 47 pounds and 51 inches tall with an 18 inch torso. She still sits in her high back turbo.

Dd2 has three more weeks until she's legal with no seat. Her stats are close to dd1's.

Qarin

hey, at least your states require up to age 8 - here in CA my 7.5YO DD's could have been legally riding without boosters for the past year and a half

Oh, yeah, we visit California 3-4 times per year (for 2-3 weeks at a time!). At age 6, my DD was 42" tall, not quite 40lbs. Under the previous California law, which was 4 years old and 40lbs, she would have been required to be in something, but with the "new" (now not so new) law, 6 or 60lbs, she wasn't! Not that it ever occurred to anyone not to have her in something while we were down there, of course.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC